Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Buying Christmas Gifts Already!!

Posted by   + Show Post

I want to get done early this year since I will be very pregnant in December.  I have a two year (3 in January) old that LOVES anything with wheels so remote control car, race track, and cars are a given.  I can't think of much else that he would really like.  Any suggestions on what an almost 3 year old boy would enjoy playing with.  It doesn't have to be anything big or fancy.

by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:55 PM
Replies (11-18):
CampClan
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:42 PM

Thomas the Train toys? My 3yo DS has just started to get into Thomas & we saw some really cute ones at Target the other day.

Just a suggestion- if at all possible take DS to the store & have him play around in the toy aisle. Pay attention to what he is playing with & snap pics of it with your cell camera. I do this all the time & then go to Target.com & add it to the wishlist I have created. This way I know what to get & let family know as well!

shadow_lark
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:44 PM
Im going to try this with my two. it could be great or it could be a giant mistake lol

Quoting robibuni:

Sounds bad, but have you tried taking him to the store and seeing what he gravitates towards?

We do that with DD1 to see what she REALLY wants (she's the type that says she wants everything on TV so things are easier for her physically in the store).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
girlcarrot
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:44 PM

I buy three gifts for my son - 1 big gift he really wants and 2 smaller gifts and a massive, very long stocking with random things in it (HOT WHEELS - he loves them but not me so much!). Grandpa, Great Granny (my grandmother, and Grandma M) sends money so we just go ahead and buy him stuff from them.  With this new baby we will contuine the 3 gift tradition.

then the grandparents spoil him rotten - he gets three(my mom, MIL, great grandmother [DF - soon to be DH - Grandmother]) christmas days. One on Christmas eve, one on the day and one a week before Christmas since we leave to Florida every year for 9 days.  I won't be buying till December 1st since I am a slacker and anything to get out and move when I am 18 weeks will be wonderful and then it truly is full of Christmas spirit the toy stores. 

My three year old is obessed with nerf guns, hot wheels, robots and the cool big oversized fischer price dinosaurs also expensive, and then he loves hot wheels. His stocking always has 5 of them in there. What about dress up? My son is geting into dress up stuff. Also duplo blocks, annnnnd the cool magnetic ones for travel/car time

yoyo.com has best rated toys in the age 3 groups. I sometimes buy stuff there for birthday and Christmas.

BabyFruit Ticker
girlcarrot
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:47 PM

DS says the same thing your DD1 says - I just don't take him to walmart or target with me anymore because I always end up with either a meltdown and ditching a basket of stuff or leaving the store with a toy that I didn't want to buy.

He points to the tv and says - I WANT IT! Mommy, I need that toy!

Quoting robibuni:

Sounds bad, but have you tried taking him to the store and seeing what he gravitates towards?

We do that with DD1 to see what she REALLY wants (she's the type that says she wants everything on TV so things are easier for her physically in the store).

BabyFruit Ticker
DACIA79
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:09 PM
My suggestion is to get a amazon mom membership and do your shopping from home . Depending on what state you live in its tax free. The returns are easy and amazon mom will give you great discounts for the new baby

At age 3 my son Hunter loved anything with Thomas the train, Hot wheels, Fisher price trio blocks , Big wheel.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PAmommy32
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 4:41 PM

I love, love, love Amazon.  I buy so much online these days and the reviews are so helpful. 

I think I might also try some dinasaurs or robots that someone mentioned. 

Thank you everyone for so many great ideas.

Quoting DACIA79:

My suggestion is to get a amazon mom membership and do your shopping from home . Depending on what state you live in its tax free. The returns are easy and amazon mom will give you great discounts for the new baby

At age 3 my son Hunter loved anything with Thomas the train, Hot wheels, Fisher price trio blocks , Big wheel.

sophiesmom07
by Ruby Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 4:48 PM

II's never too early! Legos, robots, action figures,  pick up truck...

DACIA79
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 5:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Amazon mom has great discounts and who can complain about pampers delivered to your door. By signing up for amazon mom you get a discount on tons of baby stuff and you can stay in the house safe from flu season.

Cyber Monday the Monday after thanksgiving is when you will get the really good deals and free shipping.

Quoting PAmommy32:

I love, love, love Amazon.  I buy so much online these days and the reviews are so helpful. 

I think I might also try some dinasaurs or robots that someone mentioned. 

Thank you everyone for so many great ideas.

Quoting DACIA79:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)