Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Does anyone else's toddler hit them

Does anyone have this problem? My toddler is 2 years and 3 months, and yes he sometimes hits me.

by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 6:10 PM
Replies (11-20):
LucyHarper
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:53 PM

No, he tried playfully to hit people as a baby and we nipped it in the butt quickly. He's now four and has never hit me. He knows you never hit anyone, especially your mother and father.

LKRA
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:04 AM

Yep. She lashes out when she's angry.

Me being the genius that I am, I devised a plan where, if she hits, she gets spanked. Because we don't hit people we love.

Parental WIN!

lol

carsonsmommytam
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:47 AM
Same here, but mine is 3.

Quoting Snapdragon88:

No, he's 4 now and has never hit me or been aggressive towards me in any way.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommySwiggles
by Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:49 AM
Nope. We went through a hitting stage with both boys and we simply don't tolerate it. Time outs or spankings if they hit. Neither of them are hitters now and they are almost 5 and 3.5.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LuvUSoMuch
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 7:33 AM

Sometimes when we are playing he will hit me but I hold his hand for a few seconds and say "No Hit." He quits after a few tries. I don't get mad about it because I don't feel like he is being mean - more mischevious, with that funny little grin on his face.  :)

calvinsmommy18
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:00 AM
Sometimes. When he's mad. Or when he doesn't get what he wants
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
krystyneh
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:02 AM
1 mom liked this
My daughter is 4 1/2 and she will hit when she's upset. She learned it from her half sister who is 11 and has ADHD and RAD. I hate hitting and I tell my daughter that when she's upset to use her big girl words but she will still hit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brittanyx22
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:04 AM
I am having this issue right now, but my daughter is only 14 months old! She smacks, pinches, scratches, etc.
motheroffour186
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:22 AM

No mines hits his twin a lot but the talking back when they are sleepy

ella621
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:27 AM

My 2.5 year old son does hit. He does it when he gets frustrated and usually it is directed at me. We have tried time outs and using a behavior chart, but he is still hitting. We just had a baby a couple of months ago so I am hoping this is a jealousy phase.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN