Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Does anyone else's toddler hit them

Does anyone have this problem? My toddler is 2 years and 3 months, and yes he sometimes hits me.

by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 6:10 PM
Replies (21-30):
babowes
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:48 AM
Yes....automatic timeout.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:57 AM

My son used to try and hit me. I would take this hands and say firmly No hitting.

armyvet06
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:01 AM
Dd started to hit before she was a year. I would gently tap her hand and say "No Hitting". She is now two and doesnt hit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Itzy0ll0tl
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:07 AM

she tried it ONCE!

I dont know if it was right, but this is the way  reacted:

i acted heartbroken, she was 3. I told her she REALLY hurt my feeilngs, and I acted really sad. I told her it made me sad that the person I loved the most hit me ( obviously I DO NOT SPANK, of have ever hit her, or reacted violently) ad I told her I didnt understand, why she would hit me when I have NEVER hit her. EVER: then I pretended to cry. ( by this time the look on her face was making me smile) so I covered my face and told her I was really sad, and pretendend to start crying. she IMMEDIATLEY hugged me and said she was never going to do that again, she is now 5 and she never reacted that way again, +

Wehn se is upset, she ges to her room, cool off, then comes back

essencemom11
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:08 AM
absolutely not....it better not ever happen
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hopealways4019
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:29 AM
My 3 yr old hits me, she just show too much aggression sometimes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PEEK05
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:26 AM

No sorry.  How do you discipline for it? That would be unacceptable in my home, especially at two.

signingmama2915
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:29 AM
My one and a half year old is still learning not to, so yeah I get hit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
conejoazul
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:36 AM

Yes. Our son is currently 27 months and right now it is not so bad, but between 1 y.o. up until about a month ago it was extremely frequent. And hard! He blackened my husband´s eye once and gave me a bloody nose two different times.  We´ve tried a lot of different approached to gentle correction, but honestly I am tempted to think what has helped recently is his new experience with being at daycare ... I noticed he went to hit a 30 m.o. girl at a family getting together with our other daycare parents on Sunday .... She was rearing up to hit him back by the time I got close enough to separate them.  He was in "pause" mode by the time I got within arm´s reach ... Seems to me that he now perceives the possibility that getting hit in return by his peer is not the engagement he is going for. I´d love to brag that our efforts are what has made a difference, but right now, I think he is learning this social skill from his peers.

Maddies001Momma
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:50 AM

My daughter does too. I have tried every suggestion. I'm going to keep saying no & putting her in time out. I hope she grows out of it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)