Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Does anyone else's toddler hit them

Does anyone have this problem? My toddler is 2 years and 3 months, and yes he sometimes hits me.

by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 6:10 PM
Replies (31-40):
sweetone44_2004
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:53 AM
Dd is 3.5 ans she has never been much of a hitter.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HTMommy
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:59 AM

yep. I was proactive and beat him to it though. All 3 of mine (all boys) went through a short stage of this at different ages. I stopped them as they brought their hands up to smack. I'd grab their little hand/arm right out of the air and STERNLY tell them NO HIT. After a little while it stopped them. Sometimes other consequences went along with it. like time out, or a spank (yea yea hitting for hitting whatever, it works for some kids not for others and everyone is different) Sometimes telling them you won't talk to them until they stop is enough. one of my kids is very emotional and that worked for him. I ignored him if he tried to hit. Nothing he did even when he was bad I wouldn't rise to it.

FebPenguins
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 3:06 PM
Headbutting is my sons favorite! Talk about taking someone out at knees, literally!!
spooky415
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 3:07 PM
No really. When he's really frustrated he sometimes slams his hands on the bed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dearg76
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 4:03 PM

Yes, espeically the last two weeks (it has been really bad) She is around her teenage cousins during the day and they physically fight with each other and she sees that behavior and does it at home. On the weekends when it is just us, she doesn't do anything of the sort. 2 years 2 months

busymom64064
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 4:05 PM
Yes, but HARDLY ever
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xoxRachelxox
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 4:07 PM

My youngest has done that before. When he was frustrated. I would tell him that hitting isn't nice and we don't do it then put him in time out.

.Angelica.
by Angie on Oct. 9, 2012 at 4:08 PM

my son hasn't done it really. he's tried a couple times but quickly stopped.

mommieof3_752
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:28 PM

Mine is 2.5 and he does this also. I just put him in timeout.

KRIZZ25
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 6:51 AM
don't let him.. if thy start thy will hit other and get in trouble.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)