Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

My daughter has a tooth growing behind her baby tooth which is now loose.  Will it shift on it's own?  Does anyone have experience with this? I know she needs to go to the dentist, but I'm concerned and hoping I get some reassurance. 

by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 6:23 PM
Replies (11-15):
misfitdiva
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:42 PM

My daughter just went threw this.  Went to dentist, dentist numbed her and pulled they baby teeth out.  She didnt fight or fuss.  But I was up front with her that it was going to hurt a little and that if she wanted to cry she could but she couldnt fight.  It had to be done.  

She left the denist office and went straight back to school.  Not even a wimper from her.  I was so proud! 

sophiesmom07
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:46 PM

Quoting misfitdiva:

My daughter just went threw this.  Went to dentist, dentist numbed her and pulled they baby teeth out.  She didnt fight or fuss.  But I was up front with her that it was going to hurt a little and that if she wanted to cry she could but she couldnt fight.  It had to be done.  

She left the denist office and went straight back to school.  Not even a wimper from her.  I was so proud! 

Aww, brave girl!  I wonder if this would be neccesary for my daughter since her tooth is about to fall off. 

misfitdiva
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:38 PM

I dont know. Sissy teeth werent even loose

Quoting sophiesmom07:

Quoting misfitdiva:

Aww, brave girl!  I wonder if this would be neccesary for my daughter since her tooth is about to fall off. 

corrinacs
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 3:35 PM

If its now loose, then it should pop out soon enough and you woudln't ahve to worry about it.  The new tooth should push the old one out.  If its painful or isnt' getting any looser, though, you may want to see your pediatric dentist.

corrinacs
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 3:36 PM

I would hope not.  Since the tooth is already loose, that's a good sign.

Quoting sophiesmom07:

Quoting misfitdiva:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)