Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Potty training/intrest?

Posted by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 6:51 PM
  • 12 Replies
When do kids or should kids start showing intrest in potty training or be potty trained by? I know all kids are at different pace but im just wondering whats the oldest.

Tia
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 6:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
holmes212
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 8:27 PM
Anyone
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CLEKate
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:00 PM

They can start as early as 18 months and go up until 3 or 4. 

Why?

holmes212
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:07 PM
My dd is 2 1/2 3 in april. And she has no intrest in it at all. BUT she tells me shes pooping but shes already started. And i dont know if shes "behind the ball" and if its something i should address

Quoting CLEKate:

They can start as early as 18 months and go up until 3 or 4. 

Why?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
January1964
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:10 PM

No, she's fine. And who cares really, when they are trained, well, as long as they are trained by 4, which is about normal. My dd kept having accidents because she really didn't "get it." Now at 3 1/2 she is finally trained, understands when she has to go. and has no accidents. We started training casually at 2 1/2 but she peed all over. I stepped back, picked it back up at age 3 but she wasn't quite there. Mind you, she's otherwise very smart, I guess this has nothing to do with it. What really helped was Potty Power, a DVD I bought on Amazon.com. She watched it once, ripped off her diaper and proclaimed "No more diapers!"

holmes212
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:40 PM
My dd is smart also she just is very very stubborn and hard headed and its her way or the high way. Shes very headstrong and difficult sometimes. I hate to say that but she is.

Quoting January1964:

No, she's fine. And who cares really, when they are trained, well, as long as they are trained by 4, which is about normal. My dd kept having accidents because she really didn't "get it." Now at 3 1/2 she is finally trained, understands when she has to go. and has no accidents. We started training casually at 2 1/2 but she peed all over. I stepped back, picked it back up at age 3 but she wasn't quite there. Mind you, she's otherwise very smart, I guess this has nothing to do with it. What really helped was Potty Power, a DVD I bought on Amazon.com. She watched it once, ripped off her diaper and proclaimed "No more diapers!"

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
January1964
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:45 PM

Quoting holmes212:

My dd is smart also she just is very very stubborn and hard headed and its her way or the high way. Shes very headstrong and difficult sometimes. I hate to say that but she is.

Yes, exactly! My dd is extremely stubborn. She doesn't like when I ask her if she has to pee. Every time, she says no. Sometimes, 1 minute later, she jumps up and says"I have to go pee pee." It's like it needs to be her idea. I need to let her take the lead now. So, last year, when she peed herself (short-lived underwear days), she said, "Why didn't you tell me I had to pee?"  Your daughter is just fine. And everyone will tell you, "She won't go to college in diapers."

Quoting January1964:

amazzonia
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:46 PM
Both my daughters between 15 and 18 months now my second is 18 months and she's starting to tell me when she wants to go pipi. My oldes was potty trained by 22 months
holmes212
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:49 PM
My moms actually mentioned me getting her tested because she is very smart but doesnt talk well and she doesnt listen and idk she does seem like somethings not rite but it may be because my son was talking clear as day at a younger age. And when she gets in trouble i HATE to use this word. But she acts retarted when she gets in trouble she gets a mentally ill look on her face like sticks her tounge out and drools type thing and just acts like she doesnt understand whats going on. Ive never seen a kid act the way she does. And when she gets in trouble she thinks its funny until she gets a spanking then she does the face.

Quoting January1964:

Quoting holmes212:

Yes, exactly! My dd is extremely stubborn. She doesn't like when I ask her if she has to pee. Every time, she says no. Sometimes, 1 minute later, she jumps up and says"I have to go pee pee." It's like it needs to be her idea. I need to let her take the lead now. So, last year, when she peed herself (short-lived underwear days), she said, "Why didn't you tell me I had to pee?"  Your daughter is just fine. And everyone will tell you, "She won't go to college in diapers."

Quoting January1964:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
January1964
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:53 PM

Quoting holmes212:

My moms actually mentioned me getting her tested because she is very smart but doesnt talk well and she doesnt listen and idk she does seem like somethings not rite but it may be because my son was talking clear as day at a younger age. And when she gets in trouble i HATE to use this word. But she acts retarted when she gets in trouble she gets a mentally ill look on her face like sticks her tounge out and drools type thing and just acts like she doesnt understand whats going on. Ive never seen a kid act the way she does. And when she gets in trouble she thinks its funny until she gets a spanking then she does the face.

Hmmm, well, you could certainly talk to your daughter's pediatrician about this. He or she would be able to help. Maybe she's just fooling around making that face.  I think it would allay your fears to talk to a doctor.

Quoting January1964:

Quoting holmes212:

Quoting January1964:

holmes212
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:57 PM
It doesnt seem like fooling around :( she gets this look on her face like she doesnt understand what she did wrong but she knows it was wrong and like she doesnt know what to do next its hard to explain unless you see it.

Quoting January1964:

Quoting holmes212:

Hmmm, well, you could certainly talk to your daughter's pediatrician about this. He or she would be able to help. Maybe she's just fooling around making that face.  I think it would allay your fears to talk to a doctor.

Quoting January1964:

Quoting holmes212:

Quoting January1964:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)