Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

car seat help!

Posted by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 7:07 PM
  • 5 Replies

We just bought a Nautilus for my daughter. When trying to put it in the buckle part of the seat belt ends up being right where her back will go. So it will be digging in her back the whole time. That can't bee safe right? Not to mention it would hurt. What can I do? We have a 91' Lumina. It seems the buckle stalks are too long. :(

Anyone know?

by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 7:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
ForeverInLove
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 7:08 PM
Please find a tech closest to you. Www.safekids.org. They can't better to help you trouble shoot. I'm not comfortable giving you such delicate advice over the computer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nicolle_09
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 8:02 PM

join the car seat safety group! 

mamamedic69
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 8:29 PM
When I bought my new car seat for DD I went to our local firehouse and they installed it for me. Our personnel at the firehouse go through training for this. I was to scared that I wouldn't install it correctly. Maybe they have something like that where you live.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
STVUstudent
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 8:44 PM

I had this seat- hated it.  The release attachments are too hard for any of us to manipulate.

Many municipalities have a fire station that is certified to install safety seats.  Even if they are not certified, many of them are trained and can help you make sure it is installed correctly.  Check with your local fire station...

mommaFruFru
by Silver Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 8:45 PM
1 mom liked this

you can twist the belt stalk up to 3 times.. that may help

also be warned not all fire/police stations have CERTIFIED carseat tech, most have a 30min video they watch and say they are "trained"

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN