Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

winterclothes question

Posted by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:01 PM
  • 8 Replies

hubby lost his job we have been collecting winterclothes we have hat,coat and gloves and scarf anyway i can only find 1 mittenclip we cannot afford more so i used a shoelace to tie her gloves thru the sleeves of her coat that should work right?

by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
krissy132369
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:00 AM
That should work. I remember having mine tied to a shoelace as a kid.
my2sweetjoys
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:52 AM

What a great idea! I am so sorry to hear he lost his job.It sounds like you are being very creative in saving money- sending prayers for a better job, better pay -hugs

daughteroftruth
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:52 AM

Yep, that will work.  hope things get better for your family!!

Dimples04
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:53 AM
I ran a piece of yarn through dd's coat one year & tied it to each glove. It worked better than the clips.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PEEK05
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:24 AM

I have no clue.

corrinacs
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 4:06 PM

Do you have a grandmother or anyone that can knit?  My grandmother knitted my son the cutest mittens and they were attached by a long string that goes behind thier back to help keep thier mittens from getting lost :).

But you may want to try Freecycle.  People give away a lot of kids clothes on there :).  Hopefully someone will give away some things that you can use for your family :).

mariesmama
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 5:08 PM

Quoting corrinacs:

Do you have a grandmother or anyone that can knit?  My grandmother knitted my son the cutest mittens and they were attached by a long string that goes behind thier back to help keep thier mittens from getting lost :).

But you may want to try Freecycle.  People give away a lot of kids clothes on there :).  Hopefully someone will give away some things that you can use for your family :).

nope this grandma doesnt knit but she does send over food .when we get a couple bucks were gonna buy her a second hat&2 more pairs of gloves i figure one day she may leave them at preschool depite my labeling them

MomOfOneCoolKid
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:26 PM

Quoting my2sweetjoys:

What a great idea! I am so sorry to hear he lost his job.It sounds like you are being very creative in saving money- sending prayers for a better job, better pay -hugs

me too mom

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)