Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Does anyone know where I could find some jeans for my dd?  She is very skinny, but needs 24 month size pants for length.  Her 18 month size pants are just now getting to where they dont fall off, but all of the brands i have tried for 24 month just fall off, even if i roll them at the waistband.

help!

by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:15 AM
Replies (31-40):
mariesmama
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:03 PM

how about jeggings?

lammertc
by Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:40 PM

I don't know where you live but my daughter is the same way. Except she needs a 4t for length and a 3t for waist. I get all of hers from Children's Place. They have the adjustable waistband, which is an amazing idea. I know kmart has some too and actually walmart is starting to get some like that.

corrinacs
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 3:13 PM

I have found that for my skinny son, Carter's and OshKosh work the best.  I also know that Gymboree has a slim line for toddlers.  He was able to wear those, but they are harder to find in stores.

For Jeans, I also found that Children's Place worked well for him.  I can't remember if they have a slim line or not, but I know they have the elastic pull/button tabs on the inside where you can drawstring it to make it fit :).

When in doubt, get a belt LOL.  I had Caden in a belt for the longest time for this reason!

BlessedBeX3
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 3:15 PM

My oldest dd has the same problem but she is 4 now. We usually skip the jeans and just buy crushed velvet track pants or if we do get her jeans we get her a belt with it. I know how difficult it is to have a belt with younger children, but some jeans now actually have adjusting straps inside of the pants waistline. You should check next time you go shopping

Wendsdy
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 3:51 PM

My Daughter is very skinny. I will only buy her adjustable waist pants. I have seen them at Kohls which is cheaper but Gymboree has a ton of them available.  

erinsmom1964
by Carrie on Oct. 8, 2012 at 3:55 PM

Almost anywhere you go nowadays have the adjustable pants you just have to look.  My DD needs a 4 or 5 for length but in reality could wear a 2 for waist I but adjustable for jeans and for other types of pants I use a mitten holder to cinch in the waist.  have since she started walking

ZakkarysMom
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 3:58 PM
1 mom liked this
Good to know! My son is tall and thin. Its next to impossible to find decent pants that fit him.

Quoting sweetieiv:

I buy my ds pants at target or children's place because they have the jeans that have the elastic at the waist band. You pull the elastic and then snap the button where the child needs it. I also have a tall and skinny toddler. Those jeans are the only kind that fit my son.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
workoutmom2b1g
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:54 PM

Childrens place is nice because most of their jeans have the built in band that you can tighten.

awhunt897
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:00 AM
Have you tried switching to 2t instead? They are a little slimmer through the waist and slightly longer in the legs. Both of my girls were skinny toddlers and 24months just never fit right. Target, Children's Place and Gymboree all have the adjustable waist band, which will also help.
shadow_lark
by Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:01 AM
Those are too long for her. she ends up tripping over her pants.

Quoting awhunt897:

Have you tried switching to 2t instead? They are a little slimmer through the waist and slightly longer in the legs. Both of my girls were skinny toddlers and 24months just never fit right. Target, Children's Place and Gymboree all have the adjustable waist band, which will also help.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)