Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My daughter almost died

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 3:55 AM
  • 10 Replies
Long story short she had diabetec ketone acidosis. Caused by extreme high blood sugar over a long period of time. She is only two and has type one diabetes.

She is doing well now but I'm not. My husband has always been a control freak, manipulative. I wanted to get her a kitten and he went nuts and said if I did he would move out. I've heard that many times before. Not something I needed to hear right now tho.

And now he brings up drama from the past and is mad at me because I'm mad at him and he "didn't do anything" i guess it's ok to yell at me like I'm his child, it's ok to threaten to move out to get your way. Of corse it is, if your him.

Now I've got a lil girl getting dropped off at 6am, been babysitting her for 2 years. So on top of tring to take care of my baby, I've got to care for another baby, home school my 9 yr old, run the house, worry about where we will live. I'm at the end of the line. I wanna quit my babysitting gig. Focus on my kiddos, find a full time night job, move the hell out!!

Wish I could sleep.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 3:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.Pedro
by Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 3:58 AM
It sounds like you have the right idea. There's no way I could stick it out with a man too immature to talk out what's going on without threatening to leave.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommieof3_752
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 4:35 AM
1 mom liked this

Best of luck sweetie. I hope everything works out for you. Have you told him you dont like the way he treats you and that you are not his child. I know I wouldnt even talk to or treat me child like he treats you. Im here if you need to talk. My husband used to be like that, but he really changed. I know it sound wierd b\c with the way he treats you now you could never imagine him changing, but maybe if you could find some way to get through to him. Like leaving for a while....you know, showing him that your not joking.That is if your still want to be with him

bellawomen
by Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 4:42 AM
You are going about it right. Make a plan. *hug* type 1 diabetes is a hard thing to deal with. I wish you all the best. Do you gave friends or family to move in with?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xMamaBearx
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:32 AM
@bella I could stay short term with my mom but prefer not to. She smokes and I can't stand it. And my grandpa lives with her, he is worse then my husband!

@mommieof3 - he was doing better for awhile. I've left before. I'm thinking I might have to remind him I don't have to put up with his crap. Moving out is my goal. He thinks life would be so much better without us, lets just see.

Thanks ladies. It's hard to have to deal with his childish crap and my daughters newly diagnosed diabetes. We might just be better off without him!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
my2sweetjoys
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:03 AM
1 mom liked this

You sound like a very strong person with plenty on your plate to deal with each day.It sounds like he needs to help you more and treat you with so much more respect for all that you do.

Praying for you and I hope all works out for you-keep me posted! It sounds like you are a super mom and I am so glad the diabetes is under control

snowangel1979
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:16 AM
1 mom liked this
IDK if the plan is to end the marriage.
If the end result is going your separate ways or to work on the marriage.
If not you guys need to talk about fighting fair.
Threatening to move out or kick people out is not fighting fair and the past is the past. No-one can change the past, so don't bring it up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xMamaBearx
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:12 PM
I don't want to end an 11 year marriage but I need a break. I can't be his mommy and take care of everything. I have two kids with health problems, my sons behavior problems are so much worse then the diabetes! All this with the kids plus I babysit another kid, it's very draining. He acts like I should have all the energy and time for him he wants and get everything done every day. All I want is a little respect. Some help now and again. Is that so hard?

I talk to him but I don't think he listens.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sophiesmom07
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:50 PM

I'm sorry, sounds like you have your hands full.  Hope everything goes well with your daughter.

corrinacs
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 3:19 PM

Aww mama, I am so sorry to hear abotu this :(.  You will manage, but you have to wake up everyday and say "i will manage what I have to do today".  Everything else, write down in a notebook or calendar book to keep track of.  That way you can prioritize your responsibilities.  Even if you have to write down the most mundane things like "I need to wash dishes today".  Then as you get those things done, cross them off.

You can do this, I know you can!  Have you talked to your DH about how he says things.....and I don't mean in teh argument/conversaion that happens after he says it? Have you considered couples counseling?  It sounds like he wants to be firm, but he doesnt' realize that what he says is actually degrading the relatinopship.  My DH was (still kind of is) like that.  He doesn't say exactly that all the time, but he does say some pretty mean things.  I tell him when we aren't arguing that sometimes how he says things doesn't make me motivated to do things his way.  Its too controlling and makes me just break down and want to turn the other way.

I also don't let him have his day.  When he does threaten to leave, I say "go for it".  But I don't play his game.  I immediately walk away and end the conversation there.  That REALLY bothers him.

Good luck and I hope that you guys can come to a middle ground with all of this.  It's important, especially to your children.

Keep us updated on your daughter and how she's healing!

zolanmel
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 3:23 PM
I'm sure there is more happening . But you all may need family therapy. Sounds like it could help your son to.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)