Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

do you follow the same rules

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 6:26 PM
  • 19 Replies
that you set for your kids? i wont allow my kids to eat anywhere but the kitchen yet i eat all over the house. i tell my kids not to yell but im always yelling. my kids cant swear but im a sailor. i feel like such a hypocrite!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 6:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
arkansasmama08
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 6:29 PM
Lol for the most part we do actually
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:46 PM

i don't know.  for the most part, i feel like i exhibit the behavior i want my kids to have because i know they are learning.  my bad habits are usually out of their earshot or when they aren't around.  i curse like a sailor too but not in front of my kids.  some of the silly stuff doesn't phase me if there are inconsistencies.  what i care most about is that my kids see me being honest, polite, respectful and caring.  so far they are exhibiting those exact behaviors so the small stuff doesn't phase me too much. 

PEEK05
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:26 AM

I try to, yes.

sophiesmom07
by Ruby Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:37 AM

Lol, I do it too.   

conejoazul
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:42 AM

Yeah, we try to, but Mommi and Daddy makes mistakes sometimes too. I try to let my son see me acknowledge when I break a house rule ("Oops, look what Mama just did! ... etc.)  just to instill the idea that mistakes happen, but hiding them or denying them isn´t a good habit.

Duquesne
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:49 AM
Yes, I do. How would I expect them to learn proper behavior if I didn't set the example
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AHmom103
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:52 AM

Not entirely. Some of them, we do, like swearing, at least in front of them. My kids have only heard me swear once, and it was a very high stress situation. A tractor trailer pulled out in front of me, and I kinda lost it while I was trying not to hit him going 60 mph. Other rules, like eating and drinking in the living room, we don't. If they comment on us doing something they aren't allowed doing, I always explain why it is okay for a grown up to do it, and that once they're old enough, they'll be allowed to do it too.

sweetone44_2004
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:52 AM
For the most part lol. Dd can NOT eat in bed but I do all the time. That is the only thing I can think of though. I don't cuss around her, neither does dh. And she knows better than to yell (aside from when she really needs me for something.)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Larsbug
by Laura on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:56 AM

I try to but it doesn't always work that way lol

Mipsy
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:03 PM

Yeah for the most part, if he isn't allowed to do it, we don't either. But there is stuff like he can't cook that I do ;) LOL!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)