Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

please read: important safety reminder!

Posted by   + Show Post
I put my 2 yr old twins in their room for a nap. We recently switched them to toddler beds. They usually play for a while then fall asleep. In the meantime, I was trying to get my 3 yr old to nap as well. After 20 minutes I heard an awefull scream and loud crash. I was in the room next to theirs and I ran in as fast as I could. I found one of the girls laying under a three drawer dresser! My other daughter was standing next to it. I could not beleive they had pulled the dresser over. I quickly lifted it up off her. She was crying but as soon as I picked her up..after about 30sec she said "all done" and was acting totally normal. I only found 1 bruise on her shin. My other daughter was pointing to.her head saying "owie" but not crying and I couldn't see any marks on her. I had never been so scared in my life. I was worried all day and night. They were totally fine. I think it was a true miracle from God that they were not injured. Lessend learned: never take safety of your kids for granted. I had my husband buy brackets to secure their dresser the next day. And now I am a paranoid mom, but I think that is good. I am still freaking out about this! Which is why I can't sleep tonight.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:27 PM
Replies (11-12):
BlessedBeX3
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 6:39 PM

wow thats terrifiying. i dont trust the brackets so my dh got an extra peice of wood and just bolted the whole dresser to the wall. man i'm sry that happened. thats a fear of mine.

Ktina11
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 6:41 PM
We anchor everything to the wall and have since they could crawl. Very lucky your lo is okay.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)