Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Indoor physical activity?

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:55 PM
  • 28 Replies
Since its been cold and ugly here we haven't been outside much and I can defenitly tell my kids are getting cabin fever. Already!
We are in a VERY rural area, our closest Walmart is 90miles away so we don't have a YMCA or gym or play group places available to us. My kids are almost 4 and 2.5
My 4yo is in school twice a week and he adores going. I wish he could go all week lol
And on those days my dd and I run errands or go visit my grandma and just get out. But if you can get outside and your kids need to burn energy.... Then what?

I need ideas. Safe indoor ideas lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:31 AM

scavenger hunt, build a fort, create a fun obstacle course using the chairs, couches, pillows, etc.  my kids don't necessarily need to be run when we are stuck inside, they just need to be occupied and stimulated.

Beth (33) DH (38) Tyler (almost 6) Bayley (3)

MixedCooke
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:34 AM

I took one of those plastic kiddie pools and made a ball pit.  Hide and go seek.  I bought a bubble machine that they love!  You can make homemade clay using flour, water, salt and food coloring, fingerpaint, throw some music on and dance around, balloon catch.  Homemade Christmas ornaments with applesauce and cinnamon.  Make sock puppets with unmatched socks, ribbon, yarn for hair, button eyes.

bhwrn1
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 5:39 AM

bump, let's get more ideas here

Tree-Tree
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 7:02 AM
This is what I was going to say too. My kids love to make forts and obstacle courses. We time them to see who can get through the quickest. And when we run out of ideas we do have the xbox Kinect so they love playing that too.

Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

scavenger hunt, build a fort, create a fun obstacle course using the chairs, couches, pillows, etc.  my kids don't necessarily need to be run when we are stuck outside, they just need to be occupied and stimulated.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gweneveer
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:23 AM

There are some exercise based games for the Wii if you have one.....just a thought.  

MommyRJ
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:32 AM
We don't but I keep saying we should get one because they can use it too.

Quoting Gweneveer:

There are some exercise based games for the Wii if you have one.....just a thought.  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babowes
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:45 AM
Hulabaloo.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babowes
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:46 AM
hopscotch
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babowes
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:46 AM
Jump on the ouch cusions on the floor.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HistoryNutty
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:47 AM

Become the tickle monster and chase them around with your arms in front of you saying "Tickle, tickle!" My kiddo loves that. We also dance around in the kitchen while getting snacks or making food.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)