Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

And the mother of the year award goes to...

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:22 AM
  • 7 Replies

NOT ME!! So my four year old had a poster she had to color for school. It was one of those get the whole family together kind of things. Well we were finishing it up last night and I get her in bed after it's done and had this warm and fuzzy good mommy feeling when I got to set her bag and everything out for today and realize I haven't looked at her folder all weekend. Now USUALLY I open her bag and look at her folder as soon as we get home after I pick her up from school. Well low and behold there was another project for them to do with their families that was due today!! Well the warm fuzzy feeling was quickly replaced by the I'm a horrible mother feeling :( So my husband suggested that we get up a little early to get the project done and that sounded like a good idea. Well my alarm is on my phone and my phone just shut off in the middle of the night so I got woke up by a train at 7am...we need to leave the house at 7:30. Lilly still needed a bath and all that so I was thinking it was pointless to even try to finish the project. Well I ended up saying screw the bath we have to get this done. Well we got it done and she had fun doing it, but I feel horrible! I'm already teaching my child to procrastinate! UGH!!

by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
PEEK05
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:22 AM

You're not horrible.  You made it work. :)

DeeDee205
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:27 AM

Oooops.  Look at it this way, you'll always remember to check her bag out of fear this might happen again.  lol.

mommieof3_752
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:33 AM
1 mom liked this

Ahh we have have a fluke every once in a while. My daughter had to do her homework this morning b4 car pool got here. lol. maybe its just one of those days for both of us...lol

Larsbug
by Laura on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:58 AM

it worked out, and that's all that matters. You aren't horrible, life happens.

LiLsMaMa21
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 2:46 PM

Haha thanks ladies. I just called my sister and was telling her how bad of a mother I am and told her the story. She has a five month old so she doesn't have much experience on the mommy thing yet and she laughed at me and told me I am dramatic. Bwahaha!!

RobynS
by Robyn on Oct. 9, 2012 at 3:06 PM
1 mom liked this

It happens, mama. Don't beat yourself up! And a skipped bath now and then is no big deal at all. My kids only take a bath every other day during the school year. During the summer they need them more often when they've been playing outside getting dirty.

Relax! Project done. Lesson learned. Not that it might not happen again, but I'll bet it will be a while! LOL :) (((HUGS)))

.Angelica.
by Angie on Oct. 9, 2012 at 3:31 PM
I agree.

Quoting PEEK05:

You're not horrible.  You made it work. :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)