Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

When your LOs are napping, do you take a break or get things done?

Posted by   + Show Post

I take a break.

by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:34 AM
Replies (31-40):
lauratupper
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 2:02 PM

depends on how i feel and how much there is to get done.

Nichole0403
by Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 3:42 PM
I have been doing the P90 excercise while they nap. It's less than 45 min so it's perfect!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cmabbott
by Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 3:44 PM

I shower when DD is down for her nap, that way I can actually enjoy it vs hurrying to get ready to do something.  Then I'll finish cleaning up some stuff and paying bills, etc.

keeler_s
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 3:44 PM
Break or nap with them unless I have something important I can only do while they are sleeping
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Angelica.
by Angie on Oct. 9, 2012 at 3:52 PM

well ian doesn't nap and hailey will only sleep on/next to me. so I'm forced to take a break. LOL

Basherte
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:38 AM
Depends on how I'm feeling that day. IF I can I get things done. If not then I do as much as I can and then rest.
AnGLInterrupted
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:40 AM

When DD was home during the day and she napped, I would get things done.  If everything was done, then I took a break.  I never napped though.  It takes forever for me to relax enough to fall asleep and sure enough, 5 seconds later DD would be awake LOL.

mom_to_kenzie
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:47 AM
Both. I guess it really just depends. Lately, it's been a break. Dd goes to pre-k from noon to three and noon is usually when ds takes a nap. I just don't have the energy to clean. Between being up a couple tines through the night (ds waking up, dd waking up and having to pee/check on them and all the weird dreams I keep having), being up late with dd (bc she doesn't sleep no matter what) and being up early with ds (bc he doesn't stay asleep), I'm hardly getting any sleep at all.

*sorry, I think I added a double negative in there. I've been up since 4:30 am and can barely keep my eyes open. I know that's a big no no, and a huge pet peeve of mine. I'll fix it later.
mom_to_kenzie
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:50 AM
^^**(bc she will not sleep for anything)
Cassidysmom611
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:52 AM

It varies. Sometimes I nap with her. But, if she has therapy after nap time I usually make sure everything is tidied up. It also depends on what kind of night I had at work :-) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)