Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

crohns disease

Posted by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:11 AM
  • 8 Replies
Can anyone give me advice on this I was recently diagnosed with crohns disease and can't eat anything practically and in alot of pain constantly....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
USMCwife0530
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:36 AM
I'm not much help but here's a bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Duquesne
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:39 AM
Have you thought about cutting out gluten from your diet?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tashntim
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 7:24 AM
Bump for later
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PEEK05
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 7:24 PM

I don't know anything about it but here's a bump.

vampiregirl100
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 6:40 PM
I am trying, but it seems everything bothers me might have to try liquid diet like ensure :(

Quoting Duquesne:

Have you thought about cutting out gluten from your diet?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zolanmel
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:16 PM
Go to a gfcf diet..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
corrinacs
by Platinum Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:35 PM

My best suggestion is to speak to your doctor and have them refer you to a nutriotionist and someone who can find your "trigger".  And they should be giving you steriods to get your belly back together in the meantime.

Once you know what is your "trigger" you treat it like its a food allergy by avoiding that food entirely.  If you want more information regarding that, visit foodallergy.org where they have plenty of resources about avoiding foods.

Unfortuantely, you will still have issues, and the best you can do is "follow your gut".  If you are having issues, dn't hesitate to see your doctor to get it fixed.  It can get so bad you'll have to have surgery :( :(. 

I've watched my mom live through it.  Its debilitating at times, but she has managed to make her life totally noraml :).

rHOPEb
by Silver Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:48 PM

I'm so sorry!!!!  My dad has had it since he was in his early twenties (really he was born with it but not diagnosed til then).  Anyway.....until you get it regulated with meds and diet then you are gonna feel yucky.  :(  I hope you can get it down quickly and feel better soon!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)