Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Have your kids done this or do this?

Posted by   + Show Post
My son rocks hisself to sleep or hits his head on his pillow that he holds to get to sleep. Hes 2 and turning 3 soon. Hes been doing this since he first started sitting up. I have asked the doctor about it and she said its normal and that theres nothing wrong with it or him. Do any of your kids do that or did that?
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:48 AM
Replies (41-45):
sumannie
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 12:20 PM
I admire the hell out of mothers like you bc you have such strength and will and patience. I've never been in your shoes and don't know if I ever will be but I just would like to tell you that and hope that you don't feel like a bad person or whatever. If I affend you by saying this I'm sorry. Its only meant to be good. You're damn good mothers and you fight hard to have the best for your children. I try hard but I feel like y'all try hardest.
mskitty6
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:35 PM

My oldest daughter used to rock her head side to side to fall asleep. She stopped when she was about one.

mommy425906
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:29 PM

My son would rock back & forth in his crib banging his head against the headboard. I read it is very normal, especially in boys for some reason. Its a way of calming themselves and getting ready to sleep. Weird & a little disturbing, but normal. As long as he isn't showing any odd behavioral things there is no need to worry :-)

sumannie
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:09 AM
Quoting mommy425906:

My son would rock back & forth in his crib banging his head against the headboard. I read it is very normal, especially in boys for some reason. Its a way of calming themselves and getting ready to sleep. Weird & a little disturbing, but normal. As long as he isn't showing any odd behavioral things there is no need to worry :-)

Well so far he hasn't behaved any differently but I'm keeping an eye out just to be sure tho. (: What I find crazy is that he has pretty much destroyed 2 playpens. 2 are leaning to the side a little and hes working on the 3rd right now, until we can actually get him a bed. Hopefully he won't destroy that lol. (:
luvinmommy89
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:22 PM
My son used to do this when he 1 going on 2. Dr said it was nothing to worry about but I had just figured that he did it because he was so used to me rocking him to sleep and patting him on the back while doing it. Around that time we were trying to get my son used to falling asleep in his own bed without us having to put him to sleep first, then laying him down. He's 3 now and no longer does it, so if anything its just a phase.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN