Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Right age to join Play School

Posted by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:18 AM
  • 5 Replies

Hi, I live in India and wanted some advice on when a child should be put in playschool.

• Can you tell me when did you send your kid to playgroup?
  • I have sent mine at 20 months, do you think its too early?
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Larsbug
by Laura on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:25 AM

my son went to Play School at age 2... it's a program that runs with the school district and they run play school, pre school, pre k, and kindergarten... they base it off age and wouldn't let him in until the age of 2

Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:31 AM

it depends on the program and your child.  mine didn't start preschool until 3 and over 3 1/2.  their program started at 3 mornings for 3 1/2 hours a day, they had to be potty trained and i wasn't there.  i know there are programs where the parents are involved and the kids start earlier.  i wasn't ready for my kids to start school any earlier than they did but some do.   again, it just depends on the program and your child.

corrinacs
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:59 AM

Hello, welcmoe to the group :)

I presome "playgroup" is "preschool".  Where you send your child off for the day in an academic setting when they aer toddlers?

The time frame for this varies with the child.  I had my son in preschool since he was one, but I was working full time at the time.  He did very well in preschool too :).

But some children just aren't ready to leave mommy (which is normal too). 

But, I'd say to send them to preschool before they go to public schools (or where you'd put them when they are older) does give them a boost since theyw ill know how to react when you aren't around and how to adjust to being with a group of friends thier age :).

Good luck!

PEEK05
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 7:24 PM

I don't take my kids to playgroup and my oldest is 3.5 years old.  Here's a bump.

poonamkhanduri
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 3:19 PM

Hey thanks everyone for your replies.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN