Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Adventures of a Toddler Bed

Posted by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:32 PM
  • 5 Replies
She just turned 2 on the 6th. For her birthday we decided to convert her crib into a toddler bed. She did a really good job of staying in the bed for the first few nights then she found out she could get up and open the door. After we put her to bed, if I don't stay in the room until she falls asleep she comes out... I know she is tired she just won't be still long enough to fall asleep. We have always put her to bed while she is still awake and she has done great! What did you do to get your toddler to stay in bed?
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
do11face
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:34 PM

I didn't have to do anything actually.

My kids are weird and they  just stayed in their bed until I came and got them, haha!
I certainly wasn't expecting that.

deccaf
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:35 PM

I guess I am lucky that once we put her in, she will usually stay there.  Even in the morning, she will call out to me to get her.  She has been in a toddler bed since about 18 months, and now is in a twin bed at 2.

corrinacs
by Platinum Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:42 PM

I have somethign you may be able to use.

I handle this differently than most people.  In my house we have alwasy had a "get up if you need to" rule....but you can't be loud and you can't wake anyone up...and obcviuosly don't do anything dumb (dangerous LOL).

For that age though, its more about protecting moreso than anythign else.  Just make sure there's nothing for them to get into that dangerous.  You may have a few days wehre all the clothes are on the floor, but its not going ot kill him.

But let them know of the rule, that they are allowed to get up and grab a book from teh shelf or a quiet toy to bring to bed.  My son has always done that and it works very well for him :).

.Angelica.
by Angie on Oct. 10, 2012 at 2:03 PM

I just stayed by my son until he fell asleep. eventually he was fine just staying in bed when I walked out.

PEEK05
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 7:24 PM

I just kept putting my daughter back in her bed over and over.  After a week or so, she stopped getting up.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)