Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

When Did You?

Posted by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:46 PM
  • 23 Replies

Hi ladies I have a 3 year old daughter were almost done potty training her and I was wondering when did you put your kids in underwares to sleep in for the night time right now we have her sleeping in pull ups at night but she's in underwares during the day and when she takes a nap she'll sleep with her underwares on too ane wake herself up when she has to go to the bathroom but me and my hubby are scared to have her sleep with them at night just not sure if she's ready for it yet 

by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
corrinacs
by Platinum Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:47 PM

I did it when we noticed that he had been dry for quite a few nights....like over several weeks!  We didn't intend for him to be night trained so eaisly, but he did LOL.  It was only like a month after he was potty trained during the day.

LuvMyBoy08
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:48 PM
My son is a little over 4 and still wears pull-ups to bed. He wakes up wet every time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sthflachk
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:49 PM
2 moms liked this
My DD is weird, if she has pull ups on at night she wakes up dry. If she doesn't...she pees in the bed. So I have no advice! Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Marz31
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:51 PM

When she insisted, as she'd been waking up dry for a LONG time! LOL you can also get the overnights pads that I would slip under the fitted sheet on her bed and then if she did go while she slept, you'd just have to change the top sheet and her clothes, not the mattress cover or worry about the mattress getting wet.

IQuitCounting
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:52 PM

My son was in underwear full time by his third birthday.  If she's waking up dry, or better yet, waking herself up if she needs to go, she's ready.  Yes, she may have an accident now and again, but she may not.  Ask her if she's ready :)

StacyO722
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:55 PM

Does she wake up dry on a regular basis? If so, then try the panties at night. If not, then leave her in the pull-ups till she does. Just be sure that you have a waterproof mattress pad on the bed.

Childofares
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:02 PM

Mine was about 3.5 when we went to only underwear even at night. I should have done it sooner as whenever he had the pullups on, he KNEW he could pee in them and so he did rather than get up and go to the potty. I do have mattress covers on but luckily, we have only ever had 1 accident at night (I should capitalize LUCKY) so I'm thinking of taking it off since it makes that strange sqeeSquiiii sound when he moves around even under the sheets.

xoxRachelxox
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:43 PM

My middle son was waking up dry for a week straight in the diaper. He was also asking us to take him to the potty in the middle of the night and in the early morning. I asked him if he wanted to try sleeping in undies and he said he did. It's been three nights in undies now and he had one small accident. He waited too long and didn't get to the toilet in time but that's just part of the process! Figuring out how long to wait before it just comes out!

If she's waking herself from naps to pee, she's probably ready.

You can put down a plastic covering on her mattress so if she does pee through, just change her and her sheets and keep trying.

.Angelica.
by Angie on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:44 PM

does she wake up dry most the time? if so I would just put her in underwear.

lovingmommy2000
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 2:01 PM

some mornings she'll wake up with her diaper dry and some nights she won't I want to try with just underwares ane see how she does cause it seems like when she has the pull ups on she knows its okay to go in it but when she has the underwares on she knows to go to the bathroom 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)