Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Are you happy with your post baby body?

Posted by   + Show Post
Why or why not?
What are you doing to maintain it either way?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 7:44 AM
Replies (31-40):
lustfull
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:34 AM

not at all
a year later i still weight 140 (my pregnacy i was about 172lb)i

ve tried to lose it,i tried walking and the closes i got to repregnacy was 135( i was 125 pre-baby)now im trying stacker 2 while walking,and doing my job( mcdonalds which is phusically demanding since your always on your feet on the night shift),but i would love to lose my tummy at least,i hate not fitting in most of my clothes

sweetmomma326
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:37 AM

pretty much, would rather not have the few stretchmarks I have, but I look great for having two kids.  I havent been this small since high school.  I am not dieting, but I am doing P90X.

sweetmomma326
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:39 AM
1 mom liked this

you sound like me.

Quoting SarahsAMommy:

I'm not going to complain at all! I weigh less then I did when I got pregnant with my first kid and he's almost 5 yrs old now. I dropped the weight really fast (all within the first 6 weeks) and I don't have extra loose skin from it! Plus, my boobs are bigger haha!

Oh and I'm not doing anything then normal day stuff to maintain it or to lose it.

alibrezzy154
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:48 AM

oh god no! i went from 160-240 with dd then got down to 220 ended up being pregnant again and had ds one and a half years later. went down to 180 during my first trimester then the day ds was born I was 235 and now it's been two monthes since ds was born and I'm currently 216 and at the moment counting calories and excersising to get to my goal of 160 and then get back down to 140. no I'm not happy with my weight but i'm not ashamed of it either i was lucky enough to produce a beautiful little girl and little boy. and I wouldn't change that for the world. :)

K_D88
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:54 AM

Honestly,  I am happy with how I look.  I am over weight.  I love myself exactly how I am though!  The fact I am over weight does not bother me.  I still think that I am beautiful even though I am full figured.  If there were not diversity in this world this world would be boring.  I have weight issues my whole life.  I would exercise twice a day an hour each time.  I exercised one of those hours with a personal trainer.  I did this for SIX MONTHS and only lost 20 pounds ( I need to lose 100 or more to be considered healthy).  I have had my thyroid and all that tested.  I eat healthy.  I do everything your suppose to.  My conclusion is the good Lord made me how I am and I am happy with the skin that he put me in!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
mommaboudreaux
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:15 AM

I was NOT happy with my post baby body after DS1.  Before having him I was 100lbs.  After having him I was stuck at 121 lbs it sucked!! 

I was VERY happy with my body after DS2, I was looking and feeling the best I had in a LONG time.

Now, DS2 is barely nine months old and I am expecting baby 3 and not really sure how I feel about my body lol.

MamaBuck09
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:19 AM
I am NOT! The weight came off, i just can't stand all the stretch marks looks like kruger got a hold of my tummy! And i hate my boobs now, one is bigger then the other, but i only notice it apparently, and since i breastfeed my nipples are huge!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
justone_jen
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:19 AM

Good for you, mama. :)

Quoting itsm3:

i've always been comfortable with my body but then i started getting bigger and i didn't like it so i changed it.  that was back in january and i'm still going strong!  i love the way my body looks now.  i have my muscles back and the other day, i put on my bikini circa 1999 and IT FIT.  i almost cried.  i actually gave myself a fist pump in the mirror because i was so happy!

Schleetle
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:20 AM
Yes. I eat a healthy diet, and exercise 6 days a week. Mostly yoga, running, and biking.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
justone_jen
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:21 AM
1 mom liked this

Nope. I'm working my ass off to change it, though. I WILL get there.

The zebra tummy is something I have to learn to love. That won't ever go away.

Still, I am extremely proud of my body. Having a child is empowering, in my opinion. I have a respect for my body now, that I didn't have before I had a child. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)