Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

No...no...no...no..no..no...no

Posted by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:47 AM
  • 29 Replies
If I hear 'NO' one more time....... What do you do to curb the 'no' thing? My DS is 2.5 & it's getting ridiculous. He's got major attitude when he says it. My oldest didn't go through this so I'm not sure how to handle it. I've tried ignoring it, he just gets louder & more 'bully-ish' about it. Any suggestions?
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
zolanmel
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:00 AM
Redirect it. Don't give in.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Zindagi511
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:02 AM

I don't know but if you figure it out, I'd love to know the answer.  Drives me nuts!  I usually try to change the subject or ignore him.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it just doesn't.  

mattsmate
by Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:05 AM
Seriously.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamaeagle216
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:10 AM
Seth got over the NO pretty quickly but has moved onto I CAN'T or I DON'T LIKE. Just ignore. If he gets really bad or mean stick him in a time out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AnGLInterrupted
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:47 AM
1 mom liked this

Either ignore it completely; don't give any attention to the little outbursts..

Or..  you be consistant with punishment for backtalking you.

Basically those are your two option for ANY problems (like this) with young kids LOL.

corrinacs
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:21 AM

I go to plucking.  Its my slight form of corporeal punishment LOL.  I hate having to do it, but if the wniing and the "no" talking back gets bad enough....and taking away things and ignoring him doesn't work.....then I pluck his cheek when he says it.  Gets the point across real fast.  It doesn't hurt a like, but for some reason he HATES it.

ash522
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 12:37 PM
Quoting corrinacs:

I go to plucking.  Its my slight form of corporeal punishment LOL.  I hate having to do it, but if the wniing and the "no" talking back gets bad enough....and taking away things and ignoring him doesn't work.....then I pluck his cheek when he says it.  Gets the point across real fast.  It doesn't hurt a like, but for some reason he HATES it.

This is what my SIL told me to do, but she has no kids, so I was on the fence if it was being to 'mean'. I'm gonna try it today. He is talking back terrible. I've tried time-outs, taking things away, etc... Nothing is working. Thanks for the response!
Mipsy
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:09 PM
What do you mean plucking? Like flicking? If you wanna pm me instead, I understand :)

Quoting corrinacs:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RobynS
by Robyn on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:17 PM

I agree! Stay calm (I know it's hard!!). If he sees he's getting a rise out of you, it will only get worse.

Quoting zolanmel:

Redirect it. Don't give in.

corrinacs
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:36 PM

Yes, like flicking. Think of flicking a crumb off the table.....that motion LOL.  And if anyone says its abuse, he hurts himself more just walking up the stairs LOL

Quoting Mipsy:

What do you mean plucking? Like flicking? If you wanna pm me instead, I understand :)

Quoting corrinacs:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN