Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can you understand them? Do they know their colors? Can they count to 10? Can they run and jump? Do they have issues being alone? Do they sleep alone?

Is your child neuro typical or delayed?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 12:52 PM
Replies (11-20):
beco8627
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 3:18 PM
My son turns 5 on Nov 3 and the answer to all of those is yes, except for being afraid to be alone..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yayay15
by Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 3:21 PM
Lol. Parents always think their kids are advanced. Anyway, my 3 year old knows her numbers and alphabet, and can do all that you mentioned. She does sleep with us. My four year old recognizes a his letter/sounds/ numbers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momtoBrenna
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 3:22 PM
My 4yr old is understood 99% of the time, he knows his letters, numbers, shapes, colors, runs jumps, climbs, etc. He sleeps in his own room and has since 6 months old a d has to problems playing alone.
sophiesmom07
by Ruby Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 3:57 PM

She can do all fo the above.  

zolanmel
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 5:39 PM
My dd can not do them things. And you can not understand her speech. I know she has a delay . Last eval she was evaluated at age 1- 1 1/2. She was 3 then.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
erinsmom1964
by Carrie on Oct. 11, 2012 at 5:51 PM
My DD is 3 1/2 and has done those things since 2. I assume she is nero typical. I would think only parents who have dealt with issues really think in those terms.
CreziaMommyTo2
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 5:54 PM

DD is NT, she is 3, she knows her colors, knows her alphabet, can identify the alphabet, can count to 20, speaks in full and complete sentences, and you can understand her, she sleeps alone, she has no problem with playing alone when she feels like it.

she can also write her name.

my DS is 5 is ASD, but at 4 he was able to read level 2 books, count to 100+, count by 2,4,5 & 10s, can do basic math and simple multiplication.  he speaks, but not in complete sentences, but you get the point.  he just started to converse at the age of 5.

babygomez
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 5:59 PM

Can you understand them? Yes, she turns 4 next month.

Do they know their colors? Yes.

Can they count to 10? Yes, and beyond.

Can they run and jump? Yes.

Do they have issues being alone? No.

Do they sleep alone? Yes, she has since she was born.

Matriarch87
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 5:59 PM

Im answering these about my 3 year old. 

Can you understand them? YES

Do they know their colors? YES (assuming you don't mean paisly, ceurlean) If you mean, red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple then yes.

Can they count to 10? YES and higher. 

Can they run and jump? Omg, total running and jumping professional lol.

Do they have issues being alone?  YES, It happens by necessity but he absolutely prefers playing with someone. 

Do they sleep alone? YES, always have been firm about him having his bed and momy and daddy have their bed. 

Is your child neuro typical or delayed?  Not certain what you mean by this but his speech was delayed, he had his own language past two and somewhere between two and three it just clicked and he is now a little chatterbox, speaks fantastically. 
ilovemykids732
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 6:07 PM

my 2 year old knows his colors, can count up to 7, knows most of his ABCs, colors yes... :-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)