Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers
Can you understand them? Do they know their colors? Can they count to 10? Can they run and jump? Do they have issues being alone? Do they sleep alone?

Is your child neuro typical or delayed?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 12:52 PM
Replies (21-30):
got3boyz
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 6:45 PM

My son will be 4 in a few weeks and he has been doing those things for awhile.  He also knows all his alphabet and the sound each letter makes. The only thing he doesn't really know yet are his shapes.  He speaks very vell and we don't have any trouble understanding him.  He doesn't mind being alone, he usually sleeps alone except for on the weekends he likes to sleep with his big bro.

preacherskid
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 6:55 PM
Yes, yes, count to twenty if she focuses actually, too much lol. She can play alone but does not like just being alone, shares a room with sister- she does have sleep issues and having little sister in the room helps those. She will be four in December. She is considered a bit ahead by dev standards.
Jenn8604
by Jennifer on Oct. 11, 2012 at 7:49 PM
I dont believe in NT. To me its like saying normal. There are ASD kids and non ASD kids. There are those who have ADD, ADHD, Down Syndrom, and more.
My son has autism. He knows his colors and I can understand what he says. He can count to 10. And he knows his alphbet and can recognize them better then a 5 yr old I know.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
spunky946
by Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:31 PM

Dd is 4 and she was speech delayed, but had speech therapy and caught up.  She still has trouble with a few sounds, but has gotten much better.  She knows her colors, numbers and can count with 20 with some assistants past 10.  she is working on knowing all of her letters and writing.  She can run and jump and does not mind being left alone.

BramblePatch
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:18 PM
DD is 4 year and 4 months. Yes, I can understand her, although her voice is VERY high. She knows her colors. She knows her letters, their sounds, and is reading CVC words and the first 4 books in BOB Books level 1. She is counting to 26. She has no issue being alone, including sleeping.

She does have a mild form of SPD....so certains noises, textures, smells, and tastes bother her. She will meltdown if I change her shampoo and throws up if I try and put lotion on her. She also has fine motor delays and is only writing letters a, b, c, t, x, and o and is only writing numbers 1 and 2.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tyheamma
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:03 AM
We're friends on FB, so I know you've see me post the crazy stuff Lorelei says and does. To answer the question here, by her fourth birthday, Lorelei was reading, had a solid grasp of numbers to 100 (including comparing them for size). She has issues in being/sleeping alone but only because she'd rather be with mom.

I will be happy if my two year old daughter Lily can call me Mom in sign language on a regular basis as a four year old. The rest of this? Too much to even dream about yet.
Imjustinsmommy
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:19 AM

ds1 is  recently turned 4. he can count to about 20  he skiips a  # here or there but  mostly can do it  knows all the shapes, colors,  letters, he runs, jumps, climbs, hops, skips all that i can  mostly understand him when he speaks but he does get excited & goes off on a  ramble of words idk  what he is saying or if he is just quoting form movies  he likes idk lol he sleeps alone & in his room & in the dark he  is ok w/ being alone like now is in another oom playing btu thats on his own, if i go to a different room he will follow but he will leave me LOL. he has OT depayment  in fine motor skills & gets therapy for that  he also struggles to focus in school but he is trying we  will get him evals to make sure  if its behavirial or not since he is still having issues w/  my ds2 ( jeaous)

mommaFruFru
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:21 AM
He can run jump, climb, great gross and fine motor skulls, can count to 50, ABC, knows all shapes. Yet gas a moderate speech delay
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Basherte
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:22 AM

I understand my son most of the time. He doesn't know his colors. He can't count to ten. He can run and jump very well. Been walking on his own since he was 9 months old. He has no issues with being alone. He sleeps alone every night and for each nap each day without a problem.

My son is in the autism spectrum.

He is also non verbal at this point. We are still working on that.

shajdinyak
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:22 AM
She is very smart but has never slept through the night....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)