Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers
Can you understand them? Do they know their colors? Can they count to 10? Can they run and jump? Do they have issues being alone? Do they sleep alone?

Is your child neuro typical or delayed?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 12:52 PM
Replies (31-40):
hspear
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:52 AM

She can do all of this, but not typically by choice lol. She sleeps alone, but only because after DH and I got married, I got tired of spending all our time with her not sleeping because I was being kicked, hit, and rolled over on all night. When he wouldn't make her sleep in one of her 2 bedrooms and kept letting her sleep in ours after I talked to him about all this (she was 3 at the time), I told him when he was ready to sleep with his wife in his bed, he needed to send her to her bed then. He didn't believe me till the next day when he woke up and I was sleeping on the couch lol. Since then she's gotten used to sleeping in her own room (she's 4 now).

It's cute when she does her alphabet - H always gets skipped lol.

babypinkmms
by Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:57 AM

I can understand most of what he says he is in speech therapy also, Yes he knows his colors, most of the time he can count to 10, He can run just not very good and just learned how to jump a few month ago.  He is content being alone, he shares a room with his older brother.  He is delayed.

heavenV
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:59 AM

Quoting zolanmel:

Can you understand them? Yes Do they know their colors? Yes Can they count to 10? Yes my dd can count to 100 Can they run and jump? Yes Do they have issues being alone? No Do they sleep alone? Yes

Is your child neuro typical or delayed? No

my4kidsrock2
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:03 AM

My daughter just turned 5 on Monday. I can understand most of what she says but she still has a lot of issues with speech stemming from the fact that she was 90% deaf when she was born. Her hearing has improved over the years and she is now on the low side of normal, but it caused a lot of delays. She goes to speech therapy twice a week.

She also knows the alphabet and recognizes and can write all of her letters in uppercase and most in lower case. She recognizes numbers 0-9 and can write them all and she can count to 100 with a little assistance through the teens, lol. She knows her shapes and colors. She is even starting to sound out small words  :)

She runs and jumps and plays just like any other kid her age. She is very active.

She doesn't have any problems being alone as long as she knows where someone else is close by. And right now she shares a room with my oldest daughter so she doesn't really sleep "alone" but she sleeps in her own bed and is excited to be getting her own room soon.

I would say that my daughter is a typical 5yo despite the fact that she has some hearing problems. They haven't caused any delays aside from speech and that is improving every day.

carsonsmommytam
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:17 AM
My don is 3. He speaks perfectly clear and fluently, and is easily understood by everyone. He has known all his colors for quite some time. He can count to 20+ and backwards from 10. He's been able to run since 11mo and jump since 18mo. He has no issues being alone, and sleeps alone. He is 'neuro typical'.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Zindagi511
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:40 AM

my son just turned 4 a couple of weeks ago but yes to all of your questions.  I can understand him, he can count to 100, knows the whole alphabet, colors, shapes, random animal facts, etc.  He can jump, skip, hop, etc as well.  We're learning how to ride a bike now.  He's been sleeping on his own since he was 3 months old so we're fine with that though he does visit some nights and occasionally wants to bunk with me. He's normally fine being alone but he's just recently developed a fear of the dark and clocks (but only when it's convenient for him)

Jenniy
by Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:42 AM
Is 5 today!!!! Lol and he's nonverbal and global delays.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
othermom
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:44 AM

At 4 my oldest I couldn't understand till after a year of speach so he couldn't di the counting or anything clearly till closer to 4 1/2 and he picked it up fast, he could jump and stuff though. My girls cuould all do those things by around 3-4  None had issues with sleeping alone or being alone

emarin77
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:24 PM

Yeah, my 4 year old son with mild autism knows his colors, letters, and can count to 100 or more.  He is physically able to jump and run.  He sleeps in his own bed.  He also has behavioral problems when angry.

msjoecool
by Crissy on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:50 PM
My four-year-old is speech and developmentally delayed. She has ADHD, mood disorder, sensory and auditory disorders among others. Generally the two-year-old is more verbal and easier to understand. Jessie gets speech therapy at school. Her neuropsychologist wants her in private speech and occupational therapy.

Her gross motor skills are excellent but her fine motor skills are not. She sleeps in her own bed in her own room, but takes an aid to actually sleep. She knows colors, letters, and numbers, but does not count very high.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN