Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

I feel like the worst Mom in the world today

Posted by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:01 PM
  • 7 Replies

My friend picked my Daughter up from kindergarten yesterday and had a special afternoon out with her and her daughter. She gave my daughter a beautiful cupcake necklace.  My Daughter wanted to wear it at school today. I told her she could but that she had to be very careful. Well, this morning I went to unzip her jacket and it got caught in the chain and broke the chain. The look on my Daughters face. Her mouth dropped wide open and she started sobbing. I promised her I would fix it. She walked into class where everyone was sitting down quiet and she started crying "my Mama broke my very favorite necklace that Marie gave me" and she kept repeating "Mama broke my necklace"  Geez! Now my Husband is in the garage trying to fix it.  I feel horrible!!!!!!!!!!!!  Just thought I would share the way my day started.

by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
.Angelica.
by Angie on Oct. 11, 2012 at 3:09 PM

awe. Accidents happen.

Rhiannon1980
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 3:16 PM
Once it's fixed it will be ok.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Wendsdy
by Silver Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 3:17 PM
1 mom liked this

I felt horrible BUT good news! My Husband was able to fix it and I took it to my Daughter at lunch time and she was thrilled. Of course everyone had to come see it because she made a huge deal of it in the morning.  She is a happy little girl again :)

Quoting .Angelica.:

awe. Accidents happen.

corrinacs
by Platinum Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 3:17 PM

Oh, its fine.  And you know whawt, this is a huge teaching moment about how you react to this.  You said you were sorry and you are working on fixing it.  Make sure you tell her all that you and DH Did to fix it.....:).  We've all done this at one point or another, it happens!

.Angelica.
by Angie on Oct. 11, 2012 at 3:19 PM
1 mom liked this

yay for handy husbands! lol glad she was able to show it off.

Quoting Wendsdy:

I felt horrible BUT good news! My Husband was able to fix it and I took it to my Daughter at lunch time and she was thrilled. Of course everyone had to come see it because she made a huge deal of it in the morning.  She is a happy little girl again :)

Quoting .Angelica.:

awe. Accidents happen.

mariesmama
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 4:18 PM

lol sorry been there and my daughter is marie

Wendsdy
by Silver Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 6:27 PM
1 mom liked this

My Husband ended up fixing it. I just picked up my Daughter from school and told her again that I was sorry but that I'm glad Daddy was able to fix it. Her response "its ok Mama, accidents happen sometimes"  awwww.  :)

Quoting corrinacs:

Oh, its fine.  And you know whawt, this is a huge teaching moment about how you react to this.  You said you were sorry and you are working on fixing it.  Make sure you tell her all that you and DH Did to fix it.....:).  We've all done this at one point or another, it happens!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)