Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Girlie Parts hurting?

Posted by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:22 PM
  • 16 Replies

My daughter will be 4yr next month.  She has been potty trained for 2yrs now.  She wipes very well.....front to back (one swipe).  I wipe her when she poops b/c her arms are not long enough to get it good.  WELL.........the past week she has said off and on that her 'tooshy' hurts.  I have just been brushing it off to her picking at it or just not wiping good.  So, this morning she woke up and said it really hurt.  I don't see anything different or out of the ordinary with her.  She's prone to UTIs, but this isn't one.  How do I know if she's got a yeast infection?  Hubby says she needs to drink more water (which she does but won't).  I'm very sensitive down there too.  What should I look out for?  THANKS!

by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:21 AM

bump

KeheleyLayna
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:24 AM

bump

sweetmomma326
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:41 AM
1 mom liked this

Look for inflammation or discharge in her panties.  Try giving her a little bit of cranberry juice watered down or cut with grape/apple juice.  It has antioxidants in it that will aid in keeping her UT healthy.

rHOPEb
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 7:10 AM
1 mom liked this

Thanks!  She actually only get one cup of juice a day (and that is watered down).  And this past week its been cranberry :) (it was on sale).  I will keep a look out!

Quoting sweetmomma326:

Look for inflammation or discharge in her panties.  Try giving her a little bit of cranberry juice watered down or cut with grape/apple juice.  It has antioxidants in it that will aid in keeping her UT healthy.

christel22406
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 7:22 AM
You could always google it for her age and see what comes up. Or call the doc to see what they say. If your insurance has a 24 hr nurses line you could try asking them too. All I can think of is a rash inside, uti, or yeast. I'm sorry if this doesn't help.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
christel22406
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 7:22 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HairClipQueen
by Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:17 AM

Yogurt with probiotics, daily.  Cranberry juice, lots of water. 

sophiesmom07
by Ruby Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:13 AM

Could just be irritation. Have you tried an oatmeal bath?  Use regular quick oats or get a box. The Dollar tree sells them. 

Yuriko_chan
by Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:15 AM

I know this might sound gross, but don't use soap down there. I can't because it hurts me so bad, and my daughter is the same way.

LntLckrsCmQut
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:23 AM

Quoting Yuriko_chan:

I know this might sound gross, but don't use soap down there. I can't because it hurts me so bad, and my daughter is the same way.

There is nothing gross about it. Women/girls should not use anything other than soap, to clean their privates.

OP, how is she wiping? Is she wiping hard or does she pat? Wiping too hard can cause her privates to get irritated.

Does she take baths or showers?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)