Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

If/when you child is in time out...do you make them sit? What if the lay down or so forth? Do I keep making him sit on his butt? I'm kind of torn with it. When we do timeouts...he will stay in the timeout spot, but will lay on his back or belly. I feel like it's his little way of saying-I'm still doing what I want! (he's 26months!)

by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:48 PM
Replies (11-18):
LML1
by Bronze Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 4:16 PM

At that age I just sat my daughter at the kitchen table and made her color. So aweful I know! : ) Now that she's 3 she stands in the corner by the front door with her nose on the wall and toes touching the baseboard.

Wendsdy
by Silver Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 6:13 PM

I just put my Daughter in the corner. It doesn't really matter to me if she sits or stands, she has to just stay there.

Snapdragon88
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:01 PM
Um, I don't know. I've always had him sit in a chair so he didn't really have the option of doing anything other than sitting....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
prettymomma1204
by Bronze Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:32 PM
i sit him with his back against the wall and firmly say "i told you to get down (or whatever it was he was doing). this is your time out." and then i walk away. he gets up when he is ready and we both go on our merry ways =)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BlessedBeX3
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:41 PM

lol at least he stays there. we use a high chair for our two older dd's and they cant move anywhere. They know when we say "time out?" they're in big trouble bc they dont want to be there so they change fast and if they dont then they are PO'd for a while

.Angelica.
by Angie on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:45 PM
I don't really do time out but I do put my son in his room to calm down
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lorelai_Nicole
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 1:34 AM

We have a specific floor mat for each of the kids for timeout. They even have their names on them, like this:

doulala
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 1:36 AM

Why time-outs?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)