Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers
Today was my dd first kindergarten awards ceremony. She did not get an award and I am fine that. Completely agree with you win some you lose some approach. There are 7 kinder classes with approx 22 kids per class. Each class has theory own awards and kinder as whole has awards. One little girl recieved 5 awards plus the excellence award for best overall kindergartener. You would think out of 150 kids and only approx 25 awards there had to be another child that was polite or good at recognizing letters or whatever these other awards were. Just not sure I agree with one child recieving all the awards.

I promise I am not mad, it just made me think. I live in a very small town and things are very political around here. Now I am wondering who her parents are and stuff like that. Guess I will see what happens at the end of the second 6 weeks awards.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 4:02 PM
Replies (11-12):
mrsniebo
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 6:19 PM

While some kids just excel and get their teacher's recognition for it, I would be wondering if there was politics playing into it also (especially in a small town).

CLEKate
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 6:39 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't think they should be giving awards in kindergarten.  It's unbelievable that they need to start the competition at such a young age.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN