Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Toddlers & writing?

Posted by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:25 AM
  • 5 Replies
How do you get a 3year old interested in writing? He doesnt really like to color. Im lost.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
marinesweetie
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:28 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PEEK05
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:18 AM

I haven't tried with my 3.5 year old yet.  I am going to do a highlighting tracing activity next week with her name since she knows how to spell it now.

MamaBuck09
by Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:21 AM
I got a dry erase board, that had numbers and Abc's on it for my 3 old. She loves it! But she also loved to color. It was on sale at walmart, the numbers go all up to 20.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kris_PBG
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:21 AM

Work on fine motor - don't worry about the handwriting now.

Playing with modeling clay, play dough, using tongs to sort small objects, draw a "monster" with markers on paper and give him a squirt bottle.  Have him "squirt" the monster away by repeatedly squeezing the squirter and douse the paper.

Fine motor skills are more important and necessary at this age than forcing handwriting.

Although - alternate mediums help drum up interest - dry erase markers and a mini board, a magnetic doodle board for drawing , etc...

prettymomma1204
by Bronze Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:25 AM
1 mom liked this

we love drawing in the dusty dirt! bathtub fingerpaints are awesome at any age.  I do agree with the playdough too. puzzles are also great for fine motor. =)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)