Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Need advice,,about bad behavior in preschool.

Posted by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:43 AM
  • 4 Replies

Quote Liked Reply to Post

I would like some parents opinion on this,,,my 4 year old daughter attends head start where I am a bus monior. Luckly the following situation takes place in another class but I still would like some info. There is a boy who rides the bus and is one of the worst kids I have ever seen. His mouth is filty, He says the F bomb, calls kids F'ers, says nasty words in spanish, tells the other kids he is going to kick their a**, says I am going to go to the bathroom in your B*tt, chicken or p*ssy, screams at the tops of his lungs on the bus and in the class, doesn't sit still on the bus and undoes his seatbelts, doesn't listen to me or the teachers, takes food at lunch time and dumps the whole bowl on the table or floor, shoves and hits kids, throws things at the other kids, smacks, hits and kicks me (the bus monitor) I have tried over and over to keep him occupied with a notebook and pen and telling him to look for an object out the window but he just rips up the notebook and stabs the pen into it.  He's punched the teacher in the face.There is 17 kids in this classroom with two teachers. One of the teachers is ALWAYS occupied by this one child. She has to be or all hell would break lose. My question is would you want your child in this room? Would you want to know what kind of stuff your child is being exposed to? The school is doing nothing to get him out of there. He has been kicked out of at least two different daycares and truthfully the mom is no role model for him either. I am so thankful my kid is not in this classroom but I feel as a parent that the other parents should know about this...what do you think??? I also think the school needs to step up, it's not fair to the other kids who are there to learn and have to listen and watch this crap go on everyday...I know if I had the money my kid would NOT be attending Head Start.....

by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
prettymomma1204
by Bronze Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:40 AM

That's part of the deal with head start. It is open for those who need it. Most of the time these children would recieve family and school counciling through the program. That is in Arkansas. It is annoying but must be trudged through for all of those other kids. The whole thing is sad =( Glad your daughter is in another class.

Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:27 PM
No I wouldn't want my kid in that class for safety reasons but I would also hope that someone would step up and get him some help. He's in preschool, this what he wants, hes clearly crying out for help and the teachers are merely putting a bandaid on it. Do you have confidentiality restrictions as a bus monitor? Can you speak with the school counselor on his behalf?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Wendsdy
by Silver Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 6:34 PM

I don't know anything about Head Start but apart from the language, etc. which is bad enough. Its a safety issue so I would go to the person in charge of the school and tell them.  Once its reported they have to do something or its a law suit waiting to happen (for the school). If they have knowledge of this and do nothing, they know it can be trouble.  Sounds like this kid needs help so I hope something is done.

conejoazul
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 7:09 PM

Yes, as a parent I would be interested to know that my child´s teacher was under the stress of accommodating this one child class after class and of course I might consider moving me child if it was within my means. As a teacher, I already know this situation is a possibility, but of course you always hope it isn´t going on where you teach or where your child attends.

I agree with some of the earlier posts: the boy needs a type of attention beyond what the classroom teacher is expected to deliver and you would be a good samaritan if you would investigate what avenues you have to report / discuss the issues with other administrators so that the boy can get the attention he needs and the teacher can return to focusing on the group-at-large.  We should also realize that many teachers are not rewarded for reporting that they have a child in their class that they are challenged to handle properly; both parents and school adminstrators frequently don´t want the report that one child is overwhelming a teacher to the degree that they no longer feel they can attend to the others. Maybe expulsion isn´t the answer, but the behavior does need to be addressed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)