Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Do your in laws favor other grand children over yours?

Posted by   + Show Post

I feel like my in-laws favor my SIL's kids over my own. They love my kids, but I still see the preferential treatment towards their cousins.  Do you feel this way?

by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:44 AM
Replies (41-50):
.Angelica.
by Angie on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:51 PM
My parents favored my son but they seen him most and when the other grandkids were around you couldnt tell. My in laws don't as far as I know.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Snapdragon88
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM
I haven't noticed any favoritism on either sides of the family.

I'm sorry, that would be so hard to deal with.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OBImomma
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:10 PM
My kids are the only grand kids in both mine and dhs family so far. No favoritism currently.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rwblake2011
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:14 PM
Id have to say no. Dds grandparents on her dads side favor her always have she was 1st grandbaby. My current mil doesnt favor any of them she loves them all including my kids whom arent bio grandkids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ilovemykids365
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:51 PM

I don't know how old your kids are, but mine are 4 and 10. I imagine when my oldest is about 13 she will pick up on it. I used to be mad about how my mil treated my kids. She only sees them when I bring them over. I have asked her a few times to watch them and everytime its been no. They have only stayed over twice and i've been with dh for almost 9 years! Like I said, in the long run its hurting the kids. Maybe she will realize how it affects my kids when they come up and ask her why. By then, it will probably be too late.

amc103
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 5:35 AM

Nope. Its the opposite for us, but only by situation. My DS is the first on my family's side. So he's spoiled there. He's the second on my in-law's side, but they only have one other grandchild and she lives far away, and the relationship is strained between my in-laws and SIL. So untill my second DS is born, (FEB) DS gets the most attention. Im a bit nervous to see how he reacts when baby brother is born. :-/

Gweneveer
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 7:32 AM
Absolutely!!!! My mil has a shrine to her grandson in her house.....it's almost sickening.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babowes
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 8:44 AM
Nope
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littleangie
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 9:40 AM

Yes.  In fact, my in-laws has custody of one of the grandkids of the step SIL.   My father and sister give them so much love and attention that it makes up for the lack of involvement from the in-laws. 

CJTC0911
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 9:44 AM
No, if anything I get the feeling they favor mine, but they don't treat them any different!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN