Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do your in laws favor other grand children over yours?

Posted by   + Show Post

I feel like my in-laws favor my SIL's kids over my own. They love my kids, but I still see the preferential treatment towards their cousins.  Do you feel this way?

by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:44 AM
Replies (91-91):
milf0811
by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 6:16 PM
I will have to try this out, thank you ;)

Quoting lipsis:

Oh, I cured this. For every new gift my daughter gets, she has to pick out two of her belongings to donate for a little boy or girl who doesn't have as many nice things as her. It made her really mad at first, but I kept saying what a hero she was for donating, and I bragged to others about it in front of her. Since she still doesn't love giving her things away, though, she'll ask her grandparents to not give her new things for no reason like that. Oh! And make her pick out the donation belongings in front of whoever brought her the new gift so they can "see what they did."

Quoting milf0811: I wish lol, my dd was my fil's first grandchild (my parents had like 3 at the time). So my kids get spoiled by my in laws and it drives me nuts and my 4 almost 5 yr old dd is a spoiled brat and no one listens to me(dh does) or dh when we say no "just because gifts". And twhat do they do they ALL ways show up with gifts for our kids

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)