Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Christmas Presents

Posted by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 1:38 PM
  • 25 Replies
Ok ladies some of you may have seen my post about buying a tablet for dd for Christmas, I have decided she is for sure getting one. Now my next
question: should I buy one for ds also? He is only 2 so I'm not sure if he's ready for one however, a co-worker brought up the point that if dd gets one and he doesn't they'd be fighting over hers. If you think 2 is too young can you suggest a comparable gift for him as this will be dd's "big" gift. Thanks in
advance ladies!

ETA: Dd is 3 and will be getting the InnoTab.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 1:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
michelles89
by Member on Oct. 17, 2012 at 1:47 PM
I got my son who just turned 3 an innotab 2 it's a kid tablet has an art studio digital camera for taking pics and making videos ad you can play games plus download child friendly apps ill find a link for it :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PEEK05
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 1:47 PM

I have no idea. I would probably get a fake tablet at that age.

michelles89
by Member on Oct. 17, 2012 at 1:52 PM
http://mobile.walmart.com/m/phoenix;jsessionid=60D16FB74B7CC905965247A0336BEE6A#ip/VTech-InnoTab-2-Learning-App-Tablet/21007448
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RobynS
by Robyn on Oct. 17, 2012 at 1:57 PM

I definitely wouldn't give one to a 2 year old. They have to learn that there are age-appropriate gifts and they can't always have what the other one has. I mean, she'll be 16 first and just because she has a car doesn't mean he can have one yet, right? LOL ;)

There are all sorts of electronic gizmos for all ages, so I'm sure there's something out there he'd love. I'm just no expert on what they actually are... Good luck!

prettymomma1204
by Bronze Member on Oct. 17, 2012 at 1:59 PM

just tell him no. that is sister's tablet and when you are her age you can have one. just tell him no. 

bnh89
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 2:00 PM
This is true I guess! lol I just have no idea what to get him for his "big" gift!

Quoting RobynS:

I definitely wouldn't give one to a 2 year old. They have to learn that there are age-appropriate gifts and they can't always have what the other one has. I mean, she'll be 16 first and just because she has a car doesn't mean he can have one yet, right? LOL ;)

There are all sorts of electronic gizmos for all ages, so I'm sure there's something out there he'd love. I'm just no expert on what they actually are... Good luck!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bnh89
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 2:01 PM
1 mom liked this
That's what I plan on getting dd. She's 3 too!

Quoting michelles89:

I got my son who just turned 3 an innotab 2 it's a kid tablet has an art studio digital camera for taking pics and making videos ad you can play games plus download child friendly apps ill find a link for it :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lanceandhailey
by Member on Oct. 17, 2012 at 2:03 PM
1 mom liked this
debramommyof4
by Bronze Member on Oct. 17, 2012 at 2:12 PM

My 2 and 3 year old are getting innotabs for thier birthdays and my 2 older girls are getting the Nabi (Android Tablet for kids) 2.  They are 5 and 6 for thier birthdays. I want them to have something I can load educational games and videos on for when we are out and they are tired of sitting.  I expect them to behave even bored up to a point and these will get us past that point when we have long wait times.

RobynS
by Robyn on Oct. 17, 2012 at 5:22 PM

Just keep in mind that he's too little too equate expensive with 'big,' if that makes sense. It may take far less than you think to really rock his toddler world! LOL :)

Quoting bnh89:

This is true I guess! lol I just have no idea what to get him for his "big" gift!

Quoting RobynS:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)