Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Troubled Sleep ?

Posted by on Oct. 18, 2012 at 5:48 PM
  • 4 Replies

I'm in need of some help!  I've been spoiled and had my kids sleep through the night starting at 3 months unless there's a sickness, nightmare, or thunderstorm.  Lately my 3 year old has been coming into our bed in the middle of the night...multiple times.  I've NEVER been able to sleep with kids in my bed so I haven't been getting much sleep.  I've partially wondered if it was time to take her off naps, but the last three days have been horrible without them and she still come in our room at night.  Any suggestions or reccomendations?  I'm at a loss here!

Thanks in advance for you help!

http://www.bodyimagebuilder.com/  Helping you turn off that negative self talk and tune into loving who you are through Yoga, Personal Training, Nutrition, Meditation and Positive Life Coaching!

by on Oct. 18, 2012 at 5:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
CLEKate
by Bronze Member on Oct. 18, 2012 at 6:05 PM
1 mom liked this

What do you do with her when she gets into bed with you?

If you don't want her in your bed, you need to get her out of it.  Each and every time she comes into bed with you, you take her back to hers and settle her back in.   Give her an extra cuddle or 2 (if necessary) but insist that she sleeps in her own bed.

My 3 year old is the same way.  Goes through spurts where he wants to sleep with me.  When I don't want him to, we go back to his room, cuddle in the chair for a few minutes, then he goes back into his own bed.

Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Oct. 18, 2012 at 8:47 PM

I don't think the naps have anything to do with it.  I would do was CLEKate said and just keep putting her back.  It may take a few nights but just keep at it.

PEEK05
by on Oct. 19, 2012 at 2:01 PM

Sorry I'm not sure.  I would just keep putting her back in her bed but that's just me.

JennieCarlson
by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 5:31 PM

Thanks for the suggestions.  Currently she sneeks in on Daddy's side because he lets her in.  Sneeky lil thing :-)  I'll try to keep at it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)