Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

story of the nanny and the two childrens lives she took

Posted by   + Show Post

i am seriously heart broken. after keeping up with the updates from the new york nanny that stabbed two children in her care to death. 

if you havent heard then the news states. the mother came home from taking her daughter to swim lessons when she searched for her children who were supposed to meet them at the pool. when she asked around everyone said they havent seem the nanny or the kids. she went back upstairs to find her two children 2 and 6 stabbed to death in their bath tub. nanny bleeding on the floor. the thing that got me the most was that the nanny began stabbing herself AS THE MOTHER WALKED INTO THE BATHROOM!! she lived and is in critical but stable condition.

i have never been one for nannies but have nothing against them. but this story makes any mother run home and hug their children.what would you have done? the mother was said to have screamed a scream so heart wrenching that more then one neighbor called 911. she was treated for trauma at the hospital. my heart goes out to her. i cant imagine how this is effecting her. they treating this woman as one of the family. even going as far as visiting her country of Dominican Republic. 

i had to talk to someone about this because it weighs heavy on my heart. no mother should have to go through this! 

by on Oct. 26, 2012 at 11:17 PM
Replies (21-30):
Aurora-Dove
by on Oct. 27, 2012 at 9:17 AM
2 moms liked this

I really can't say what I would have done. My son is my everything, I would not be able to function if I lost him.

randomosityblog
by on Oct. 27, 2012 at 9:18 AM
3 moms liked this

Comments like yours are being discussed in another group. Ugh.

Quoting Kathy489:

I agree. This is exactly why I quit my job and stayed home when my son was born. I would never entrust him to anyone. These stories never end. Sometimes the murderer is even a family member. My son is 5 now, soon to be 6, and he has yet to stay at a daycare or with a babysitter. What happened to this mother, and other mothers who have been in the news in the past, is my worst nightmare. Prayers to her.

hugs

Mamas1stbaby
by on Oct. 27, 2012 at 9:29 AM
This is a very sad story. :-(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
starreyedcutie
by on Oct. 27, 2012 at 9:29 AM
I would have killed the nanny...with my bare hands I would have made her unrecognizable...this is such a horrible story. :( my childrenwill. never and have nevebeen left with strangers.
starreyedcutie
by on Oct. 27, 2012 at 9:33 AM
If the mother would have killed the nanny she would have gotten away with it...just sayin ...temporary insanity and instincts of a grieving mother trying to protect her kids

Quoting randomosityblog:

Quoting junebutterfly:

If someone took my child's life I would lose it and kill that person!!!!

Well she had another child to worry about.. so she did the right thing.

heartnhidin
by on Oct. 27, 2012 at 9:35 AM
It is truly horrible, I can't even imagine the emotions. The poor mother.
ZakkarysMom
by Bronze Member on Oct. 27, 2012 at 9:45 AM
This is so very sad and disturbing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mistygirl
by on Oct. 27, 2012 at 9:50 AM

what a horrible story

mkh615
by on Oct. 27, 2012 at 9:51 AM
1 mom liked this

I was a nanny in college and I was always kind of amazed at how much someone trusted a total stranger. Obviously, I took good care of the children and later on they were the ring bearers in my wedding. Even after being a nanny myself and really growing to love those two little boys...I could never ever hire a nanny. It's terrifying. You can't trust anyone. This is devastating.

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Sheilamommyof3
by on Oct. 27, 2012 at 9:56 AM
So sad!! :-( seen this on the news very briefly yesterday.all my girls were loud so didn't hear it..now I knw..wow..I cnt imagine
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)