Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

2 yr old going potty!! (PIOG)

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 10:05 AM
  • 7 Replies

Okay so my daughter turned 2 last Sunday and we've been working on potty training since around 18 months. She goes on it...when she feels like it and has pooped on it several times. Right now it's sitting in our living room, just like any other toy.

On Saturday night she was naked from the waist down and when prompted, sat on it and peed. We were super excited, danced, and ate a piece of chocolate (the natural reward for peeing on the potty lol). She loves to carry it to the big potty and say "bye bye peepee".

Sunday she wore a diaper because it was just a fluke. Sunday night she was naked from the waist down again and declared at dinner that she had peed in her chair (she hadn't). She my husband grabbed her and we ran to the potty, where she peed like a champ. More chocolate, dancing, bye bye peepee and the like.

This morning it's Veteran's Day (thank you, wonderful husband of mine for you 25 yrs in the Navy, btw) so I'm home from work (bank is closed) and I kept Caitlyn home with me.

When she got up I took her diaper off and decided to let her go bottomless just to see what happens. The first time she peed was aftr breakfast when we were playing legos. The second time she peed, Mickey was on and I was in the kitchen washing dishes. She didn't even tell me, just went and went back to playing. When I came in to check on her I saw it in the potty and we danced and did the whole routine.

THE THIRD TIME SHE PEED I ABOUT DIED. She just got up and went. Looked at me with that devilish look on her face and said "peepee Momma" and I was like HELL YEAH PEEPEE MOMMA!!

So now I'm pumped. She's done this with no prompting from me and is doing GREAT. What I'm worried about is tomorrow, when I have to send her to daycare as usual. She's naked right now, but ...naked doesn't fly at daycare. How on earth can I keep this going? Should I put pants on her later so that she can tell me? Or should we adopt dresses and real underwear fora couple of days to get the swing of things??

I didn't expect this to happen so fast!

by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 10:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
jteffs
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 11:08 AM
Bump!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Gweneveer
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 11:08 AM
Yay!!! Easy training is the best isn't it?
jteffs
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 11:09 AM
Yes! But Im terrified she's going to head to daycare tomorrow and it'll all be undone. :-(

Quoting Gweneveer:

Gweneveer
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 11:11 AM
Talk to them and see if they are willing to work with her as you have. I'd be pretty upset if my kids daycare po it my child back in diapers.

Quoting jteffs:

Yes! But Im terrified she's going to head to daycare tomorrow and it'll all be undone. :-(

Quoting Gweneveer:

gcstar42
by Bronze Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 11:50 AM

I would take her to the store and tell her that since she has been such a big girl she now gets to pick out her very own brand new big girl panties to wear to daycare. Make it a big deal so that she will love wearing them and remind her that if she wants to wear them she has to continue to go on the potty. Remind her that if she doesn't go on the potty they will be yucky and then she may have to wear baby diapers again. I personally always thought it was really gross to let the go around naked (not saying there is anything wrong if its what you wanna do, just definately not something I ever wanted to do) so we always did the panties at the house and it worked well for us. Also just make sure you talk to the daycare workers and let them know what is going on so that they know how to deal with her. And good luck with it all!

bekalynne440
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 12:06 PM
You could do a few things. The first would be just focusing on her being naked while she's home and in time she'll start doing it at daycare too. The second would be to start sending her to daycare in underwear. Some daycares may not be okay with that if she's still having multiple accidents a day (most good daycares would work with you though). If the daycare doesn't want to keep her in underwear, have them put on thin underwear UNDER her diaper. That way at the very least she can feel the wetness and more discomfort when she doesn't use the potty.
jteffs
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 12:16 PM
1 mom liked this

That's a good idea.

I put pull up on her for nap (didn't want to push my luck lol) and she peed immediately. So I know that back in diapers she'll completely regress.

We had no accidents so far today. She peed on the potty again after I posted this, so I know she CAN do it. I think when she gets up I'll put her in some undies (we already have plenty) and let her try for the rest of the day.

Thank you!

Quoting bekalynne440:

You could do a few things. The first would be just focusing on her being naked while she's home and in time she'll start doing it at daycare too. The second would be to start sending her to daycare in underwear. Some daycares may not be okay with that if she's still having multiple accidents a day (most good daycares would work with you though). If the daycare doesn't want to keep her in underwear, have them put on thin underwear UNDER her diaper. That way at the very least she can feel the wetness and more discomfort when she doesn't use the potty.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)