Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice Needed: my 23 month old is mostly potty trianed besides nights...

Posted by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 3:33 PM
  • 7 Replies

my 23 month old is mostly potty trained(besides nights) i or her caregivers asks her every hour to try and go and she does. when she does have an accident she tells us. but were at the point were we are trying to get her to tell us when she has to go instead of us insisting on her going.she's ready mentally to move onto the next childcare classroom, except since she wont express when she has to go they wont move her forward..... any one have any ideas on how to get her to communicate this?

by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 3:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 3:45 PM
2 moms liked this

i'm not an expert but i'm pretty sure that's just developmental and maturity.  she has either connected the sensations or she hasn't.    i guess you could stop asking her, let her pee on herself and see if after a few days she does start to take initiative.  if not, you just have to let her grow up a little  more.  being able to express the urge is a huge part in potty training.  it's why most kids aren't ready to train before 2. 

try putting the control in her hands for 3 or 4 days and see what happens. 

dramatictoddler
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 1:49 PM

well now she's gone backwords..... he dad had yet onother (makes two under 1 yer old) baby. so she now refuses to go.

brittany208
by Bronze Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 10:11 PM

My DS eventually just started taking himself... I didn't do anything to cause it. He was 3, though.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Mar. 11, 2013 at 11:37 PM

Bump!

PEEK05
by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 1:17 PM

Sorry I'm not sure. When my daughter potty trained, she just went when she needed to.  Here is a bump.

prettymomma1204
by Bronze Member on Mar. 12, 2013 at 3:33 PM
My ds is also 23 months. We started telling him to go every hour or so. then we moved to asking every hour and then every 2 hours and then not at all. He had a few accidents and a few horrible days but we just kept putting fresh underwear on him and trying again.
At night we switched to cloth diapers instead of disposable. He stayed dry most of the time and we were wasting diapers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
miss_AP
by Member on Mar. 12, 2013 at 6:56 PM

Its early yet, just give her time....I just posted about what we learned at the urologist when I took DD....but relax, let it happen and it will when she is ready. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)