Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Just found out yesterday that my Son has Ringworm on his scalp and I am beside myself.  He was given 8 weeks of oral antibiotics and I tried to put it in his Milk yesterday and it was a no go so I tried it in his Juice which also was a no go.  I tasted the medication and it is a strong/bitter coconut flavor and he needs to take 2-1/4 Teaspoons at one time so I was thinking of putting the liquid in Chocolate Milk.  The problem is he is an extremely picky eater and it has to be taken with a meal/drink high in fat for better absorption so I am running out of ideas.  I did call the Dr. this morning to see if there was a pill/powder form that I could possibly mix with his food.  Have anyone of you been through this and if so do you have any suggestions?!?!?!

by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 11:09 AM
Replies (11-17):
amongying31
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:19 AM

The Dr. said since it's on his scalp the cream is ineffective.  Hmm, I am going to have to aske her again.  Thank you so much!

amongying31
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:22 AM

If it was a teaspoon I could handle it on my own, but since it's 2-1/4 Teaspoon and I will be trying to do it myself I can see it half in his mouth half on the floor because that is always how it is when I give him liquids.  Thank you Teri!

amongying31
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 1:10 PM

It worked today! I crushed the Pill and put it in 1/2 a glass of plain Milk and he drank it.  The Suspension Liquid has a very strong taste, but the pill did the trick! Thank you everyone who offered advice!

sallymoon
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:48 PM

Why did the doctor prescribe antibiotics for a fungal infection?

Child Passenger Safety Technician

hriabywx4
by Bronze Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:17 PM
That's what I'm wondering!?

Quoting sallymoon:

Why did the doctor prescribe antibiotics for a fungal infection?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
amongying31
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:35 PM

The Dr. said that the creams are usually ineffective on the scalp plus my Son has bad eczema so she prescribed the antibiotics to ensure if any bacteria got into the site it would be killed off by the antibiotics.

lilmama8408
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:37 PM
My husband had it while deployed they gave him a cream and told him to keep a bandaid on it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN