Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Bathroom accidents

Posted by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 12:43 PM
  • 4 Replies
My daughter potty trained over the summer, no accidents, 3 years old. Since she started school in she frequently has accidents at home. She does not have a uti. Im not sure what to do.. any ideas?
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 12:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
ninagoesnuts
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 12:46 PM

I think it is normal for children to go through this. Both of my younger two were potty trained at three and then after a few weeks had severe setbacks and accidents. It can be upsetting as a parent because it can feel like they are doing it on purpose since you know they can do better, but I've found the best way to handle it is to simply retrain by taking them to the potty every 30 to 45 minutes, or reminding them to go. Just keep in mind that this is a temporary problem and your child won't be doing this at 14. It helps to keep problems in perspective.

babowes
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 12:56 PM
Set a timer an ask her to try every 30 to 45 mins. She just may be too busy to stop and go.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:56 PM
1 mom liked this

It sounds like a little bout of regression.  Just take 2 steps back and use some techniques you used when training her initially.  Take her (don't ask her) frequently, use rewards to incentivize her, etc.  Whatever worked for her.

PEEK05
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 2:00 PM

Hmmm I'm not sure. My daughter never went through that but here is a bump.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)