Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

My 5 year old weighs..Edit with height!

Posted by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:21 AM
  • 24 Replies
35 pounds!!
She is SOOO tiny! Picky eater, hates veggies and will only eat chicken!

What can I do to put some nutrition into her life? any yummy recipes?

She is 42 inches tall.
Her doctor isn't concerned.
I'm not concerned just wanting recipes to make sure she is getting nutritious food!!
My 4 yr old son weighs 55 pounds and 8 yr old daughter weighs 60 pounds.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
calvinsmommy18
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:24 AM
My 4 yr old ds weighs 30lbs. He's a picky eater too. And he had a small start at 4lbs 13 oz. We tried pediasure but he wouldn't drink it. Or carnation instant breakfast. He eats a lot of fruits and veggies. Meat can be harder to get him to eat.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
othermom
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:28 AM

My rule is the kids have to eat a certain number of bites and finish all their veggies before they leave the table. We try to make sure that they lkike some of what is offered. At first we started with just 2-3 bites of everything and went from there. Maybe try smoothies too, yogurt, string cheese, fruits, maybe grow a garden and have her help pick fresh veggies and fruit. Maybe try making muffins and add in aple suase, or find ways to add pureed veggies or fruit to other stuff

corrinacs
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:28 AM

Hey mama!

Does she look healthy?  How is her height/weight ratio?  The best person to talk to is the pediatrician.  Some children are just smaller tahn others :).  As long as she's growing properly on her own curve, I woudln't worry about it :)

But, if you feel she needs more, you can start by adding a few tsp's of olive oil in her meals....doesn't even matter what it is....pizza?  dribble some oil.  Pasta, put some more oil in it :).  Olive oil is really good for your health :).

Also, look at what she's eating.  Add more protien and good fats where you can.  Try avacados (making guacamole is good)....kids love dipping into guac :).

And let her have that little extra treat at night :).  My doctor suggested this when I was pregnant with my second and wasn't gaining properly LOL.  That plumped me right on up!

corrinacs
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:29 AM

If she can have milk, Ovaltine :)

babowes
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:25 PM
Spinach in brownies
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babowes
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:25 PM
Califlour in mac n cheese
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babowes
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:26 PM
Get the cookbook despectively delicious.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KayelynnsMama
by Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:29 PM

SD is 4 and a half and weighs 29 or 30 pounds. Some kids are just tiny.

They do sell these things at Kroger called Kids Essentials. They are with the baby food/formula.

They have chocolate and vanilla flavored and my DD loves them!! They are kind of pricey, imo, around 5-6$

for a 4 pack, but they are supposed to be really good

for them and have tons of vitamins, minerals, and protein.

babowes
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:32 PM
Smoothies!????
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kimedbs
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 1:36 PM

My DD is 4.5 and weighs 39 lbs.  I would focus more on the pickiness and nutrition issues than the weight.  Some kids are just smaller.  As for dealing with the pickiness, hide, hide hide the veggies! You should always present foods in their natural form and cooked different ways, but while waiting for your kid to find a veg they'll gladly eat, hide them in everything they will eat. 

Ex: I have hidden spinach in grilled cheese sandwhiches, any pureed veg you can imagine in pancakes, carrots and cauliflower in mac n' cheese, cauliflower in mashed potatoes,  finely chopped baby spinach in dips and sour cream, etc.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)