Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Question

Posted by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:06 PM
  • 4 Replies

Hi ladies I have a question I have a 3 yr old daughter and these past few months I have been potty training her in underwares through out the day she has no accidents but at night we have at least 1-2 accidents at night throughout the week we even have her go to the bathroom before bed too so she wouldn't have an accident we also expected mistakes throut this process to so my question is Will she continue making the mistakes at night or will she grow out of it soon

by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Paradys
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:09 PM
How long have you been potty training?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babygirlsmom314
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:12 PM
Try having her go to the potty twice before going to sleep. Also don't let her have anything to drink about 2 to 3 hours before bed.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
xoxRachelxox
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:31 PM

You can stop drinks at night, have her try before bed but other than that she will stop when she's ready.

Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:33 PM

You cannot night train a child.  It's a physical development where a hormone is released in the brain to slow urine production.  That occurs when it occurs.  It's different for all kids and neither of you have any control over it.  Certainly you can take the "wake them up in the middle of the night" route but, to me, that's crazy.  Why lose sleep over something you can't control?  She'll out grow it once her body matures in that area.  Once she's waking up dry for a couple weeks then remove the pull-ups/diapers and protect your mattress.  Until then I wouldn't give it anymore thought.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN