Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

MY DAUGHTER SAID SHE HAD A DREAM ABOUT MY DECEASE STEPFATHER

Posted by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 9:56 AM
  • 13 Replies
1 mom liked this
My daughter said to me and my mom this morning can you keep a secret and she responded "Guess what I seen my grandpa can this be true she said he blew her a kiss he died Tuesday and he loved my daughter from birth like his blood granddaughter. I miss him dearly she said he told me and my mom to be strong he died 6 days before her 4th birthday I wasnt going to lie to her so I explained to her he passed she said "mommy grandpa going to heaven"at first I didn't believe her that she had a dream about him because I was scared but I think she is telling the truth and since he passed she hasn't been sleeping good at night .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 9:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PEEK05
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:46 AM

That's interesting.

Wendsdy
by Silver Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 5:11 PM

My friend had this happen. Her son claimed to have seen his Grandpa....who died months before he was born.  I know how you feel. My Dad suddenly passed away the end of October. I have a 2 1/2 year old and a 5 year old and having to have discussions about heaven and what happens has been very difficult especially when you yourself are so sad.  Good Luck!

rmfanfgljf
by Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 5:17 PM
I believe her. I don't remember how old I was but I believe I saw my grandpa's spirit before. I think he came to give me peace and let me know he was ok and still "here".
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VADIVA23
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 6:13 PM
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR BELIEVING IN MY DAUGHTER.

Quoting rmfanfgljf:

I believe her. I don't remember how old I was but I believe I saw my grandpa's spirit before. I think he came to give me peace and let me know he was ok and still "here".

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
proudMom2634
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:08 PM

It's normal specially if they are close. In dream interpreters they say the person dreaming is thinking of the deceased so the unconcious mind is showing the what the person wanted to see.

My dad died on 2006 and I am still dreaming of him, even if I know he is dead already I still love it when he pass by in my dream.  ---daddy's girl here :D

mamamedic69
by Deanna on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:23 PM
2 moms liked this
I believe her. My daughter recently has been "talking" to someone. I asked her who she was talking to. She told me grandpa. I asked her which one and she went and got the picture off of DH's dresser. My FIL died in 2003, 6 years before she was born!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JoyJoy
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:32 PM
my grandma died a week before my bday and less than 2 weeks before christmas in 95 and i dreamt of her alot. i was almost 11.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
calvinsmommy18
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:26 AM
I wouldn't doubt that she had a dream where grandpa was in it. I'm sure she misses him just like everyone else and it may be her way of holding onto his memory
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sophiesmom07
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 2:23 PM

I believe that dead loved ones can appear in our dreams with messages. Perhaps this was his way of saying goodbye.

homextownxgirl
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 2:40 PM
I am so very sorry lost my soul mate suddenly and i know what a blow it is on ur heart and mind.. But its also a blessing that God needed such a special angel that no other would do but him... Its hard to let the Lord have such special ppl but at lest we get to see them again when we pass and thank god for the years we have been givin with them.. We will be praying for ur family.. and I beleave her... My daughter sees her daddy and talks to him and so does my oldest daughter and he was her step daddy... My daughter was 11months old to the day when we lay him to rest but she tells me things she shouldnt know... God bless the children and glory to the LORD for letting our children know the ppl that has passed that loved us and them and would have loved to got to know them or us.... Much love hun and let her help you both keep him alive in ur hearts and spirit..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)