Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Toddler bed help

Posted by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:54 AM
  • 12 Replies
Hi everyone! My daughter is 25 months and she is still in a crib, when do you think is an appropriate age to change it into a toddle bed?
Thanks
Victoria
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
newbabystarr09
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 12:10 PM

I put my DD in a toddler bed right before her 2nd birthday because she was climbing out of the crib and I felt it was time to transfer from the crib.I worried for the first week she would fall out of bed but she never did she will be 3 1/2 in Dec and has done great with it.

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 12:17 PM

when you want too.  personally i liked my kids behind bars as long as possible!!  because i needed the crib for the baby, we moved my son on his 2 1/2 year "birthday" and celebrated it and made it a big to-do.  my dd started climbing out of the crib at 2 years 5 months so we waited a month and did the same thing for her on her 2 1/2 "birthday".  i was hoping she'd make it longer but both of my kids transitioned really easy, no issues.  there is no right age, just what works for your family.

Wendsdy
by Silver Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 5:03 PM

We skipped the toddler bed because one of my friends told me it was a big waste of money for her.  We went straight to a twin bed and just bought a net type rail for the side so they won't fall out. It has worked out great. We moved both kids when they turned 2 years old. If they can get on and off a couch or your bed with no problem, I think a twin bed is a better way to go and it lasts longer than a toddler bed :)

mommys2babies
by Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:05 PM
We never did the toddler bed. We put ds in a twin bed about a month after he turned 1. It's just what works for your family
calvinsmommy18
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:18 AM
Moved ds to a toddler bed when he climbed out of the crib and got stuck on the outside. He was 2 yrs old and about a week.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
msjoecool
by Crissy on Nov. 18, 2012 at 7:58 AM
I waited until three with DD1 because she's safer in the crib. She wasn't ready for her big girl bed at three. When she transitioned she didn't like her bed so she slept on the couch or in the guestroom.

DD2 was 20 months when she climbed into DD1's big girl bed and didn't go back into her crib. I fully intended to keep her in the crib until three, but she had a different idea.
mamamedic69
by Deanna on Nov. 18, 2012 at 8:04 AM
I had to move my girl at 3 as she really didn't want to leave the crib. She transitioned very nicely with no issues.
CLEKate
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 8:59 AM

When they can climb out of their crib, that's when it is time.  (this is exactly what my peditrician told me.)

ONA7DAY
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:33 AM

I say try now...we did it all by 2 yrs.

mariesmama
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:53 AM

mine switched because at 21 monthes she was trying to climb into it now that shes 3 we want to get her a twin bed we got the crib where you take off the side and put the wooden bar where the side was and its a toddler bed

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)