Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

CHRISTMAS: Do you get things your kids NEED as Christmas presents?

Posted by   + Show Post

by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 1:43 PM
Replies (11-20):
babowes
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 2:07 PM
Toothbrushes yes
Nothing else is a need.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babowes
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 2:08 PM
New xmas pjs but I give those before for xmas eve!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
homextownxgirl
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 2:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes.... Thats what they get the most of... Christmas can be what u make it and we try to give more then we get but this year seems like we r not going to give much cause this year seems like we might be in the homeless shealter but at lest we r not in the cold.. Thank the good LORD for that.. He is what this time of year is about anyway not who gets what its who loves enough to care about those with out.. So even though we dont have much to give we will be givng what we can.. Look around and see who u can help this year.. It could be as simple as a little food or bathroom goods.. And if u have left over food ask around to who would love a warm meal and maybe even a smile.. GOD Bless Each And Everyone Of You Ladies...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2Bellarose
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 2:21 PM

No, nothing they need just things they like. I do try to always add some things that are educational like my oldest daughter is getting an easel this year. In their stocking I usually put in neat little gifts and always a "special" gift like a piece of jewelry.

PEEK05
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 2:22 PM
1 mom liked this

My 3.5 year old is getting an easel for her big gift for Christmas this year! :)

Quoting mom2Bellarose:

No, nothing they need just things they like. I do try to always add some things that are educational like my oldest daughter is getting an easel this year. In their stocking I usually put in neat little gifts and always a "special" gift like a piece of jewelry.

mom2Bellarose
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 2:27 PM

That's her big gift also. I can't wait to give it to her.

Quoting PEEK05:

My 3.5 year old is getting an easel for her big gift for Christmas this year! :)

Quoting mom2Bellarose:

.Angelica.
by Angie on Nov. 18, 2012 at 2:32 PM
Yep, we have way too many toys.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
PEEK05
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 2:33 PM

We do too.  After Thanksgiving, we are doing a huge purge.

Quoting .Angelica.:

Yep, we have way too many toys.

sophiesmom07
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 2:37 PM

Yes, but I always get them toys as well. 

huskermom98
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 2:45 PM

No--if they need clothes, I get them clothes...same with underwear, socks, toothbrushes, PJs, etc.  I will get football jerseys for my oldest because that's something fun to wear on gamedays.  I like to get them toys, crafts, books, etc. for presents. 

Now it's different with DH--if I can think of something, I will put something he "needs" in his stocking like shoelaces or something else he's asked me to pick up or keep an eye out for lately.  I will buy him clothes because most of his "toys" are too expensive and too big to put under the tree!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN