Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

picky 3 yr old

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 8:07 PM
  • 11 Replies
She only likes chicken.. and any kind of noodle... veggies no. Fruit yes.. helpppppp
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 8:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
calvinsmommy18
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:23 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm not help lol. My 4 yr old is picky. He's expanded his tastes a little. He loves fruit and as far as veggies he likes green peppers. Carrots. Corn and potatoes. That's about it. For meat he will now eat pork chops and hot dogs as well as chicken. Also got him to eat peanut butter sandwiches and mac n cheese. Oh and he likes fishsticks too. But its been a long process getting him to even this range of food.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:26 AM
1 mom liked this

there can be a lot of control issues surrounding food at that age.  just keep offering all different types of food.  i won't battle over food but if the kids want dessert then they have to eat a certain amount of whatever dinner is.  it's then their choice to either do it or not.

you can try fun veggies.  celery with peanut butter and raisins (ants on a log).  there are probably fun things you can do with broccoli.  my kids can be picky but they love broccoli, asparagus, zucchini and green beans.

you can also shred veggies and put them in a dish so she's eating it without knowing she's eating it...

big_red05
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 3:35 AM
My kids have to eat what is served some days my 3 year old fights me says he doesn't like it it's too hot whatever so he can't watch tv until he eats it.. Some days he can't watch tv and he gets pissed! He doesn't have to like it, that's not the point it's food not entertainment!
BrittM1988
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 3:39 AM

What about hiding food, I know they have cook books specifically designed to help parents with this. I would invest in one of those :)

Gweneveer
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:41 AM

My 2 yr old is brutal like this also.  I never thought I would have a picky kid, lol.

Just keep offering, hopefully she will start to like other things!

bigmoma2012
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:51 PM
Thank u
corrinacs
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Hey mama,

That doesnt' sound too picky.  The best you can do is keep offering her other things :).  Just put it on the side of her plate.  They say if you offer it 17 times, the child will finally want to eat it.  But don't make it a battle :).

Good luck!

bigmoma2012
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:57 PM
Thank u. Lol and tryin. Surprise her with stuff dxoesnt work she notices every lil thing hiding food not going to work.. I can't hide spinach in a salad lol
Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 4:26 PM

Quoting bigmoma2012:

Thank u. Lol and tryin. Surprise her with stuff dxoesnt work she notices every lil thing hiding food not going to work.. I can't hide spinach in a salad lol

I grate carrots and zucchini TIINY and mix those into a taco lasagna i make.  because of the seasoings, meat and size of the veggies, you don't know they are there.  you could do the same thing in a spaghetti sauce, etc.

il0vemyb0yz
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:02 PM
1 mom liked this

i think i might be able to help. my son refused to eat any of his food it worried me because i felt he wasnt eating at all (he only ate snacks or cereal) so we started this thing at dinner where he has to take a bite of each thing on his plate before he could get up. he fought alot at first but once he tasted everything on his plate he noticed some things he really did like and it expanded his eating habits. it is a process and can take time but it worked with my picky eater. he still doesnt eat everything but a little more is better than nothing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)