Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

this is what happened yesterday :/

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 8:21 PM
  • 34 Replies

Me and a friend went to see breaking dawn last night and while we were there DH texts me to tell me the fence fell over, well part of it. We have a dog and our neighbors have dogs so now I have to take my dog out to the bathroom on a leash. Ugh. Not sure who is supposed to fix it either. don't know who's fence it is.

by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 8:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MammaPaparazza
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 8:22 PM
Typically whoever has the posts on the inside is who put the fence up
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steffielou_who
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 8:23 PM
It's theirs! If it is built, whatever side has the joints is the one who built it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Angelica.
by Angie on Nov. 18, 2012 at 8:25 PM

that's what I thought too but dh thought I was crazy when I said that. lol

It's been leaning into our yard for MONTHS and they've made no effort to fix it. I'm doubting that they are going to fix it anytime soon.

Quoting steffielou_who:

It's theirs! If it is built, whatever side has the joints is the one who built it!

2-point-doe
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 8:43 PM

Ha, we have always built ours so the finished side face into the yard for our enjoyment except in the front we finished both sides. I would talk to your neighbors about sharing the cost to replace it.

BramblePatch
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 8:57 PM
This

I worked in insurance for 7 years. Its an every other panel thing on that type of fence.

Quoting MammaPaparazza:

Typically whoever has the posts on the inside is who put the fence up

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ma2Liam
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:47 PM
2 moms liked this
It is yours. The finished side the one that has the screws in it is on your side. Who ever originally put it up would of had to be on your property side to put the boards up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RobynS
by Robyn on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:50 PM

Oh no! That's frustrating!! We'd be in the same situation if anything happened to the fence between us and our neighbor. The fence was here when we moved in AND when he moved in, so I don't suppose there's any way to know who's it is for sure.

steffielou_who
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:50 PM

Wrong.. My neighbor put this sort of fence up and the flat side is on my side.. But atleast I know that if it fell, he would fix it!

Quoting Ma2Liam:

It is yours. The finished side the one that has the screws in it is on your side. Who ever originally put it up would of had to be on your property side to put the boards up.

Ma2Liam
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:54 PM
Well I know the fences we have put up the nice finished side is on ours. I don't want to look at ugly pressure treated lumber.

Quoting steffielou_who:

Wrong.. My neighbor put this sort of fence up and the flat side is on my side.. But atleast I know that if it fell, he would fix it!

Quoting Ma2Liam:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kristen1010
by Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:57 PM
I always thought that too but hubby insists its to easy to climb when the pretty side faces us. :)

Quoting 2-point-doe:

Ha, we have always built ours so the finished side face into the yard for our enjoyment except in the front we finished both sides. I would talk to your neighbors about sharing the cost to replace it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)