Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Christmas shopping for 3 yr old FRUSTRATED

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:53 PM
  • 15 Replies
So I was going to get dd leapster text and count toys. The letters and numbers light up on the screen and she traces them. I thought this was perfect. My mom said she wanted to get it for her and I agreed. She called me today about the leapfrog quickstart computer. She told me to research and find something that would be more long term. Im about to pull out my hair. leappad or innotab? First or second version? She is a perfectionist and gets frustrated easily I dont want to overwhelm her. How many extra games should I get? will I be able to afford them? I dont have a comp just my droid will I be able to use it to get extra apps? Then I go to the vtech site. Theres not individual apps? Just the bundles? I just want some that she can read and trace letters numbers and shapes. That is what shes into right now. Any advice from parents who have went through this and survived? I dont want to seem ungrateful to my mom. She only sees ilayna 2 or 3 times a yr so she likes to get her the best when she does. Plus I think its because this is the last yr will be the only.one to buy for so she wants to make it good.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
calvinsmommy18
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:00 PM
Idk. I think I've heard others really like the Leap pad 2.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FarmGirl2B
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:05 PM
I've heard a lot of people complaining about the vtech tablets eating batteries like crazy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ambermario4ever
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:07 PM

Leap pad 2

Ilaynasmommy
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:33 PM
Can I use my droid to download apps ? I know dh uses the phones wifi to get on xbox live by using the usb to hook it to xbox. Can we do this with the leappad 2? Also what is the petpals game that comes with it?

Quoting ambermario4ever:

Leap pad 2

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ambermario4ever
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:38 PM

No you can not hook it to your phone. It comes with a USB cord but the end is not the right size for a phone you have to use a computer for downloading apps for it. You will have to use a computer for downloading apps for any for they game systems none of them work with a phone.  It is game where you make your own pet and care for it. 

Quoting Ilaynasmommy:

Can I use my droid to download apps ? I know dh uses the phones wifi to get on xbox live by using the usb to hook it to xbox. Can we do this with the leappad 2? Also what is the petpals game that comes with it?

Quoting ambermario4ever:

Leap pad 2

toddler girl                         toddler boy

Sarah                                           Luciano

(10-16-06)                                  (11-27-08)

signingmama2915
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:48 PM
Bump. Good luck!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
BramblePatch
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:02 AM
I got the kids Innotab 2s for the kids with rechargable battery packs. My neice has one and I am pretty impressed with it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Firenygirl180
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:05 AM
I'm no help but leapfrog had a promotion running that if you register your leapster by December 3Rd you get 2 free apps.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Gweneveer
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:42 AM

We have the leap pad, version 1.  My dd loves it.  I would suggest the leap pad 2 personally.  Good luck with your decision!

Ilaynasmommy
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:04 PM
Why the leappad 2 instead of 1? Is there really that big of difference between the 2? Im sorry. I have read and read descriptions and reviews until I was dizzy.

Quoting Gweneveer:

We have the leap pad, version 1.  My dd loves it.  I would suggest the leap pad 2 personally.  Good luck with your decision!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)