Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Do Any Of You Have Children Who Enjoy Things That Seem Too Old For Them?

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:48 AM
  • 35 Replies

My 2 year old daughter loves the Harry Potter movies. Her dad and I do, as well, and see no problem with her watching them. The night before I had her, we had a Harry Potter marathon up until the time we had to leave for the hospital (I was induced). I often joke that that's why she loves them so much. Do any of your children like things that may be deemed age innapropriate?

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Duquesne
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:50 AM
He likes to sit in the driver's seat of the car and turn the steering wheel and press buttons:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsshelton_2
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:55 AM

Quoting Duquesne:

He likes to sit in the driver's seat of the car and turn the steering wheel and press buttons:)

LOL so does Maesyn.
I think all kids do. I can even remember doing the same thing.

PEEK05
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:00 PM

I don't think so.

mommaFruFru
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:24 PM
Yes, both the boys love hp, Indiana Jones starwars, the news, gold rush, pawn stars.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsjksimmons
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:09 PM

Well, since my DS was born,  he has always watched L&O (orig and SVU), ER, Criminal Minds, CSI, etc. He will actually sit and watch them with me and ask questions about what's going on. Now mind you, I don't go into detail. I just usually explain that the bad guy is hurting people and the good guys (cops) have to catch him and send him to jail.

As far as kids stuff goes, he likes Transformers and Power Rangers. He's 5

2-point-doe
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:44 PM

We don't allow grown up movies but she does like to watch home improvement shows. Silly girl.

corrinacs
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:56 PM

Oh, yes, all the time.  Caden prefers and plays BETTER with children twice his age.  I don't know why, but he does.

He loves putting together little kit cars, which say for ages 7+.  We know he wont' eat it, but he does a really good job!

He plays video games a lot, like Sonic and Mario.  There are some other games (not innapropriate like voilcence or anything) but kids his age wouldn't know how to play it......but he does.  He's really good at racing games, like Gran Turismo.

He's an insane kid hahaha.

mrsshelton_2
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:07 PM

Maesyn plays better with older children, too. She just turned two, and tested on a 4 year old's level before her birthday. She can sit and have a perfectly normal, intelligible conversation with adults. Of course, she does normal toddler things, as well- she's the typical hell raising two year old- but her vocabulary (for being her age) is pretty spectacular. I chalk it up to the fact that when I'm having to try and get some sleep during the day while her, her sister and her dad are all awake (I work nights, he's a full-time daddy), he has nothing better to do than just talk to her, play with her, ask her random things, teach her to count, etc. We've also never done the baby talk thing. We've always just talked to both girls normally. My 10 month old is going to be ahead of the two year old in vocab. She already is ahead of what Maesyn was at the same age. But she just follows her big sister around all day, and her favorite thing to do is imitate what everyone is trying to say.

Gweneveer
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:30 AM

Keira plays better with older kids also.  

I have seriously limited what she sees on TV though.  I just allowed her to watch the First Harry Potter Movie at 5.5.  

I want her to stay a little girl for as long as possible :)

mrsshelton_2
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:41 AM

Quoting Gweneveer:

Keira plays better with older kids also.  

I have seriously limited what she sees on TV though.  I just allowed her to watch the First Harry Potter Movie at 5.5.  

I want her to stay a little girl for as long as possible :)

Well with Maesyn just being two, she really doesn't know what's going on in the movies. Even if she did, I like the message. She just likes seeing them fly and seeing all the weird animals lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)