Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Do Any Of You Have Children Who Enjoy Things That Seem Too Old For Them?

Posted by   + Show Post

My 2 year old daughter loves the Harry Potter movies. Her dad and I do, as well, and see no problem with her watching them. The night before I had her, we had a Harry Potter marathon up until the time we had to leave for the hospital (I was induced). I often joke that that's why she loves them so much. Do any of your children like things that may be deemed age innapropriate?

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:48 AM
Replies (11-20):
mrsshelton_2
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:41 AM

BUMP!

RheaF
by Bronze Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:56 AM
My oldest is 7 and LOVES the Madeline L'Engle books, a Wrinkle in Time, etc.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mrsshelton_2
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:06 AM

That's awesome. I was a total book nerd as a kid, too. Still am. My two year loves books. So does the ten month old, but she just tries to eat them haha.

STVUstudent
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:28 AM

My son loved Harry Potter... we never let him watch past the part where he learned to fly in the first one, because we thought it would be too intense.  He was Harry Potter for Halloween the year he was three and four (last year).  Now, he is into Nintendo DS and wants to do what the big boys are doing at school.  He is five,a nd talks like a twelve year old.

One of my daughters (4) is into Monster High.

littlesippycup
by Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Not so far. That's cool she loves Potter =)

babowes
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:26 PM
Oh yes!

Quoting Duquesne:

He likes to sit in the driver's seat of the car and turn the steering wheel and press buttons:)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bc19
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:29 PM

My four year old will watch blazing saddles, some action movies, any movie that involves cars (Blues brothers, gone in 60 seconds, fast and furious). 

il0vemyb0yz
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 2:09 PM

i think its whatever the parents are into the children will try it to. my 2 year old will try to crochet with me or he loves to help me prep food. he pretty much does everything except cook it lol. im sure he would be good at that 2 if i let him.

weaveress
by Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 2:41 PM

my 2 yr old loves zombies, Legos, and youtube.

sophiesmom07
by Ruby Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 5:05 PM

She likes to watch classic movies with me on TCM, lol.   She also likes some "older" kid movies like Night at the Museum and Matilda.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)